An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Are You In Your Religious Discernment?

mariaassunta

One week until my monastery trip for the feast of the Assumption!  :)

It's the first time I will have taken 2-3 days off work during the week for the past several months so that will be nice as well.

And now it looks like we will have no AC. Half a day in a hot car in mid-August is going to be a good penance...

:P

Edited by chrysostom

OnlySunshine

And now it looks like we will have no AC. Half a day in a hot car in mid-August is going to be a good penance...

:P

Ew, I hate riding in cars with no A/C.  My first car was 13 years old and had no working A/C (we could never get it to work).  It was such a penance driving in it, especially in the hot summer.  Needless to say, I would stay home as much as possible, otherwise, I'd go out and come back feeling like a puddle of sweat.  :x

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Ew, I hate riding in cars with no A/C.  My first car was 13 years old and had no working A/C (we could never get it to work).  It was such a penance driving in it, especially in the hot summer.  Needless to say, I would stay home as much as possible, otherwise, I'd go out and come back feeling like a puddle of sweat.  :x

I'm going to get to the monastery and they'll say, "ah, you're just on time for din--" "WHERE'S THE SHOWER?"

OnlySunshine

I'm going to get to the monastery and they'll say, "ah, you're just on time for din--" "WHERE'S THE SHOWER?"

:hehe2:

I know!  It's disgusting.  I hate getting all sweaty because I feel sticky when it dries.  :x

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

PhuturePriest

:hehe2:

I know!  It's disgusting.  I hate getting all sweaty because I feel sticky when it dries.  :x

Yeah, can't say I've ever had that problem.

Spem in alium

Ah! Totally relate. Two hours of train travel on a hot day with no real ventilation does not bode well. 

trying to figure out how to use the quote/multi-quote function...

Edited by Hna.Caridad

OK, I can't seem to do it.  Anywhooooo....

It occurred to me that The171 is quite possibly entering the Salesians later this month.  Please know that you're in my prayers as you begin this next step of your discernment/vocation journey!

ToJesusMyHeart

I'm not sure where to put this--I can't find the Random Vocations Thread, and I don't seem to be able to send private messages, either.

I'm aware that there are at least 3 PMers (correct me if I'm wrong) who are preparing for entrance in the next month or so:  Domenica_Therese, ToJesusMyHeart, and LoveLetsLive.  I'm not on here very often, so I wanted to tell each of you (while I had the opportunity) to please know that you're in my thoughts & prayers as you begin this next stage in your discernment process.  May you experience much grace & joy during these coming years.

OK, I can't seem to do it.  Anywhooooo....

It occurred to me that The171 is quite possibly entering the Salesians later this month.  Please know that you're in my prayers as you begin this next step of your discernment/vocation journey!

Yes the171 is entering at the end of august...I want to say the 24? But I could be wrong.

I'm entering on 6 September. Thank you for your prayers and kind words!

PhuturePriest

Yes the171 is entering at the end of august...I want to say the 24? But I could be wrong.

I'm entering on 6 September. Thank you for your prayers and kind words!

Which community are you entering?

veritasluxmea

She's entering the Sisters of Life. It's on her other thread. :) Congratulations tojesusmyheart! 

Edited by veritasluxmea

PhuturePriest

She's entering the Sisters of Life. It's on her other thread. :) Congratulations tojesusmyheart! 

I've never heard of them, though I assume they are a lively bunch.