An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sheffield Carmel - One Week To Go!

AccountDeleted

laetitia crucis

God bless you, Annie!! -- you'll remain in my prayers! :)

As for my own prayer request: please pray that I may receive clarity in my discernment; for my perserverance and courage on the journey "home" to whichever community God is calling me to.

Laudem Gloriae

A mutual friend of nunsense/Annie's/Sr. Michael Maria and mine went to see her earlier this week and sent me this email (edited slightly) - by "sister" she means Annie/Sr. Michael Maria:

[i]Hi Mary,

Just thought I would tell you of my visit to the Sheffield Carmel and seeing Sister Michael Marie.
She send a big hello to you and to all at phatmass, she said to tell you all that you are all in her daily prayers.

She looked glowing and so happy and really well. She said to tell you she loves it there and the sisters and has found her true home. It is a beautiful Carmel and I think very special. I think it must be all the prayers and offerings that have been made over the years. It is a little remote, surrounded by farms in a very nice area and sister said it had lovely grounds.

She wore something on her head not a veil and a brown cape that came to her waist and had buttons down the front, the rest of the clothes she wore looked like her own.

It seemed while I was there you emailed them (about my vocation visit in July with them) and Mother came in to say thank me for my gift and asked me if I knew you. She said she was looking forward to your visit.

Annie said to tell you to try visit Wolverhampton Carmel as well, if possible, as she loves them too. I really enjoyed my visit and seeing sister we never stopped talking. I ask you if you would post on Phatmass about her. I asked sister if she wanted to say hi and she was doing well on phatmass and she said yes, so I said I would ask you. [/i]

I will report on Sr. Michael more after my visit in July.

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' post='1883409' date='Jun 4 2009, 07:06 PM']A mutual friend of nunsense/Annie's/Sr. Michael Maria and mine went to see her earlier this week and sent me this email (edited slightly) - by "sister" she means Annie/Sr. Michael Maria:

[i]Hi Mary,

Just thought I would tell you of my visit to the Sheffield Carmel and seeing Sister Michael Marie.
She send a big hello to you and to all at phatmass, she said to tell you all that you are all in her daily prayers.

She looked glowing and so happy and really well. She said to tell you she loves it there and the sisters and has found her true home. It is a beautiful Carmel and I think very special. I think it must be all the prayers and offerings that have been made over the years. It is a little remote, surrounded by farms in a very nice area and sister said it had lovely grounds.

She wore something on her head not a veil and a brown cape that came to her waist and had buttons down the front, the rest of the clothes she wore looked like her own.

It seemed while I was there you emailed them (about my vocation visit in July with them) and Mother came in to say thank me for my gift and asked me if I knew you. She said she was looking forward to your visit.

Annie said to tell you to try visit Wolverhampton Carmel as well, if possible, as she loves them too. I really enjoyed my visit and seeing sister we never stopped talking. I ask you if you would post on Phatmass about her. I asked sister if she wanted to say hi and she was doing well on phatmass and she said yes, so I said I would ask you. [/i]

I will report on Sr. Michael more after my visit in July.[/quote]

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have been remembering Sr. Michael Maria (love calling her that) in all my prayer - very intently - and it is so good to hear she is happy. I have been wanting to send her a prayer card. Do you have her address?

Laudem Gloriae

Dame Agnes,

Her address is:

Sr. Michael Maria
Carmelite Monastery
Kirk Edge
High Bradfield
SHEFFIELD
S6 6LJ
United Kingdom

This is the address on her letter and the one I have used to write to Mother Mary there early last year before they got email.

Thank you, Laudem. I hope you get to visit all the houses you plan, and finally move forward.

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' post='1877055' date='May 28 2009, 07:57 AM'][b]HYGIENE THREAD ALERT![/b]: there they shower once a week and a bath once a week and if REALLY needed, they could have another one with permission.[/quote]

They wash their body just twice a week? :bigshock:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Noemi' post='1884912' date='Jun 6 2009, 06:33 PM']They wash their body just twice a week? :bigshock:[/quote]

Showering/bathing and keeping ones body clean is not the same thing.