An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are Being Called When...

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

You wake up praying any part of the Divine Office...

You dream more than three times a week about being in the convent...

Your friends all share their wedding details with you, and all you can think about is that if you were to get married, you would want Exposition and Holy Hour of Adoration right after the ceremony (complete with Benediction and plenty of incense...) no rush to go to the honeymoon....

you have all these religious community websites bookmarked in your "favorites" on your web browser...

you have more friends in the convent than you have out in the world...

your priest/confessor/spriritual director text messages you when he hasn't heard from you in like... a day....

:lol:

the lords sheep

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1884052' date='Jun 5 2009, 04:43 PM']Your friends all share their wedding details with you, and all you can think about is that if you were to get married, you would want Exposition and Holy Hour of Adoration right after the ceremony (complete with Benediction and plenty of incense...) no rush to go to the honeymoon....[/quote]

I have some beautiful lay friends who plan to have a Holy Hour with their friends and family complete with incense and music instead of bachelor/bachelorette parties and then go to dinner with their respective bridesmaids/groomsmen afterward.
I think that's AWESOME!

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1884076' date='Jun 5 2009, 11:15 AM']I have some beautiful lay friends who plan to have a Holy Hour with their friends and family complete with incense and music instead of bachelor/bachelorette parties and then go to dinner with their respective bridesmaids/groomsmen afterward.
I think that's AWESOME![/quote]
Me too! It's families like this that will re-build the Church!
Dominicansoul, I'm jealous of your zeal :)!

dominicansoul

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1884076' date='Jun 5 2009, 10:15 AM']I have some beautiful lay friends who plan to have a Holy Hour with their friends and family complete with incense and music instead of bachelor/bachelorette parties and then go to dinner with their respective bridesmaids/groomsmen afterward.
I think that's AWESOME![/quote]

that is totally cool, and a beautiful way to start out a marriage!!!

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1884098' date='Jun 5 2009, 10:44 AM']Me too! It's families like this that will re-build the Church!
Dominicansoul, I'm jealous of your zeal :)![/quote]

thanks! :)

Irishdancingmimi

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1884052' date='Jun 5 2009, 11:43 AM']you have more friends in the convent than you have out in the world...[/quote]

:blink: Its true!

I think you are also called if you look at something and a Bible verse hop into your mind...

I felt that I'm "home" (in the convent) when for the question "Where we should put this picture?" my answer was the best... If you know where are the forks, the plates, the empty places on the walls, the flowers in the garden, the broom in the corner... Even, if you talk about it on phone!

InHisLove726

...when every thought you have of being married leads you to think of you being clothed in the habit and veil. ;) (this happens to me)

...when all your friends are candidates, aspirants, or Sisters in religious orders. (I have two friends entering on Sept. 8th, 2009)

And for Dominicansoul's post, I have to agree with the bookmarked links. LOL! I have like 50 of them bookmarked. ;)

You and your friends play "Who has more Religious" in their cell phone (European translation: mobile :topsy:) directory.

Or... the community to which you are accepted has qualities which you thought were on your "I'd never join a community that did blah, blah, blah." And when that same community has many wonderful qualities which had not previously been on your list of "Non-negotiable qualities for the community I am to join."

Edited by shortnun

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='shortnun' post='1884325' date='Jun 5 2009, 11:29 PM']Or... the community to which you are accepted has qualities which you thought were on your "I'd never join a community that did blah, blah, blah." And when that same community has many wonderful qualities which had not previously been on your list of "Non-negotiable qualities for the community I am to join."[/quote]

GOOD one.

*makes a note to suggest a holy hour to my other half before we leave for the honeymoon (God willing)...DS, you're awesome!*

loveletslive

[quote name='shortnun' post='1884325' date='Jun 5 2009, 04:29 PM']You and your friends play "Who has more Religious" in their cell phone (European translation: mobile :topsy:) directory.[/quote]

HAHA! i have 2 priests and 2 seminarians in mine :)

the lords sheep

[quote name='loveletslive' post='1884346' date='Jun 5 2009, 11:17 PM']HAHA! i have 2 priests and 2 seminarians in mine :)[/quote]

That's nothing! :D

littlesister

...when the idea won't leave you alone, and you know deep down that you have to at least try or you'll regret it the rest of your life.

Maria Faustina

....when some of your best inside jokes are shared only by you and two of your favorite Dominican sisters...

.....when you would rather go to the Catholic store to buy saint medals than go to the mall to buy new clothes....

.....when you don't write your crush's name in you notebook, but instead, write your future religious sister name....

....when you try constantly to picture yourself with a veil....

......when Jesus is the only one who will ever understand the horrible day you've had....

....when you hear a love song, you think about Jesus....

....when your idea of a dinner date is Mass..... :)

I am lovvinngg this thread dominicansoul!!!

Saint Therese

[quote name='littlesister' post='1884427' date='Jun 5 2009, 07:09 PM']...when the idea won't leave you alone, and you know deep down that you have to at least try or you'll regret it the rest of your life.[/quote]

That's a good one.

When you felt more alive during your aspirancy than you have in years and years.