An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are Being Called When...

dominicansoul

Guest divine mercy

[color="#2E8B57"]when you can't stop thinking about it even if you want to stop thinking about it..
when you are confuse if you are called or not but still want to try..
when you can't say no to it even if you want to say no to it..[/color]

:lol:

[quote name='Muus' post='1886962' date='Jun 9 2009, 09:41 AM']Nice treath! :topsy:

[list]
[*]Have many books about the life of the Saints.
[*]Have many photos of the sisters on your notebook/computer
[*]Can't stop dreaming about the convent life
[*]Heartbouncing when you saw photos from sisters (I want it too!!)
[*]Talk with Him a lot
[*]Love Him more than other
[*]Have DVDs about religious life, these are your favoriete movies ever! (Example: Into great silence, A man who becames a pope: Pope John II, Saint Thèrése, Mission, Father Damian, Brother Sun and Sister Moon, Mother Teresa of Calcutta and more...)
[*]See all big houses and you will thinking: this house will maybe for the sisters and their/our work (especially the carmeldcj)
[*]When the sisters ask when you will entered, especially the older sisters
[*]When the sisters will ask for your help
[*]When some friends says: you don't say it, but you want to enter to an convent. We can see in your eyes.
[/list][/quote]

THE SAME!!! Thank you for sharing it!!!

in my experience

-When you're not even religious and the thought pops into your head that you should become a nun.

-When you've always had trouble sleeping, and the best sleep you've ever had is in convents.

-When you look back at your week and find out you've technically been at church, a convent or theological university every day.

-The bookmark thing. I had an insane amount of bookmarks on my old computer.(got a new one Saturday:D)

Maria_Faustina
:) My friend has a page on facebook with our list of these...though of course there are more!

1. At Mass during the petitions when they say "For an increase for vocations to the priesthood and religious life," and you feel guilty and/or cannot stop smiling.
2. When you see a religious, you turn the other direction.
3. When you see a religious, you stalk them.
4. You cannot get the idea of being a religious out of your head.
5. You are constantly thinking about what your religious name might be.
6. You have visited religious orders without your parents' knowledge.
7. You are always looking at different orders on the internet.
8. People tell you you would make a good nun.
9. People tell you they will go to your final profession.
10. You've been told that you would look good in a veil.
11. You hide brochures about different communities under your bed.
12. You play dress-up nun and use a pillow case/skirt for your veil.
13. Every time a bell rings you start to pray the Angelus.
14. You love the sound of only women singing together.
15. You randomly wake up early in the morning and cannot explain it.
16. You daydream about Jesus (He is so distracting sometimes! lol)
17. You get excited about fasting, etc. (well, this isn't just for those discerning religious life).
18. You schedule things around praying the Divine Office.
19. You are intensely attracted to certain colors that strangely correspond to the exact color a certain order wears...
20. You stalk the saint founders of certain orders.
21. The saint-founders of certain orders stalk you.
22. You know the schedule of your favorite community by heart and correspond the time you say the Office with when they do.
23. You get excited about the thought of SPIRITUAL children.
24. You're excited about getting to give everything away--yay religious poverty!
25. You're excited about even wearing a dorky postulant outfit! :) Edited by Maria_Faustina

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Maria_Faustina' post='1887116' date='Jun 9 2009, 07:43 PM']25. You're excited about even wearing a dorky postulant outfit! :)[/quote]

Oh yes :lol_roll: Althought the dorkiness is such in our case that I think I'll tire of it eventually ;)

TeresaBenedicta

1. You have several seminarian/deacon friends (two of whom are now priests, thanks be to God!) give you subtle hints that they think you have a vocation.

2. You have several seminarian/deacon friends sit down with you and tell you not so subtly that you have a vocation.

3. A guy that you like and he likes you, won't date you because he's sure of your vocation to the religious life.

4. When you schedule your day around daily Mass and your holy hour, those two having top priority in your day.

5. When you can't remember the last time you [i]didn't[/i] make it to Mass.

6. When half of your friends on facebook are priests/seminarians AND you know them in real life.

7. When you struggle with accepting your vocation and people direct you to Thomas' 'Summa'.

8. When you end up being the one in charge of giving tours & leading religious around campus when they come for a visit.

9. When your new college chaplain, who technically shouldn't know that you're discerning, hints that he wants you to help start up a women's discernment group.

Maria Faustina

[quote name='Maria_Faustina' post='1887116' date='Jun 9 2009, 01:43 PM']20. You stalk the saint founders of certain orders.
21. The saint-founders of certain orders stalk you.
22. You know the schedule of your favorite community by heart and correspond the time you say the Office with when they do.
23. You get excited about the thought of SPIRITUAL children.
24. You're excited about getting to give everything away--yay religious poverty!
25. You're excited about even wearing a dorky postulant outfit! :)[/quote]

These are ahhmazing-it does seem like certtain Dominican saints stalk me :) *cough, cough* Saint Thomas Aquinas and Saint Dominic seem like they are constantly scheming lol!!!

I loveeeee the idea of spiritual children-How beautiful!!!

I can't wait to wear the postulant outfit either!!! :))

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1887304' date='Jun 9 2009, 06:31 PM']I can't wait to wear the postulant outfit either!!! :))[/quote]

Hm. Ya know. I think that's one thing I can wait for, lol. Alas, it's part of the process. :-D

the lords sheep

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1887286' date='Jun 9 2009, 10:54 PM']You have several seminarian/deacon friends sit down with you and tell you not so subtly that you have a vocation.[/quote]

When said seminarian/deacon friends contact communities to get information for you (without your knowledge or permission) and/or ask communities to pray for you and your vocation.

When same seminarian friends insist on calling you "Sister", much your annoyance (although secretly you think it's kind of awesome and hope someday [i]everyone [/i]will call you Sister)

When random strangers walk up and ask you "Are you going to be a Sister?" for reasons you just can't seem to figure out.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1887315' date='Jun 9 2009, 06:49 PM']When said seminarian/deacon friends contact communities to get information for you (without your knowledge or permission) and/or ask communities to pray for you and your vocation.[/quote]

:lol_roll: Indeed.

The Nashville Dominicans were at my school (it's a University and a Seminary), getting food in our cafeteria. Then-Deacon C. comes over to me smirking, pulling out his pen, and says, "I'm going to go sign you up!" And walks over to get in line behind Sr. Mary Emily.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1887325' date='Jun 10 2009, 01:08 AM']:lol_roll: Indeed.

The Nashville Dominicans were at my school (it's a University and a Seminary), getting food in our cafeteria. Then-Deacon C. comes over to me smirking, pulling out his pen, and says, "I'm going to go sign you up!" And walks over to get in line behind Sr. Mary Emily.[/quote]

Can we trade formerly-Deacon friends?

Mine has decided I'll be his housekeeper if the convent-thing doesn't work out ;)

(I'd do it, by the way. There's worse things than having people eat your cooking and do parish work. Never thought that'd be so close to my dream job when I started reading Physics!)

DominicanPhilosophy

...When you get out of the shower and make a veil out of the towel

...When your room is decked out in saint pictures and holy articles instead of celeb posters

...When your first crush's name was Dominic - and you named your black dog Dominic - years before the first thought of a religious vocation to the Dominicans came along

...When you try to justify chores by attributing them to a certain "vow of obedience"

...When you spend your free time drawing pictures/writing icons of the saints

...When you find more comfort in sharing things with Jesus, Mary, and the saints instead of with friends

...When you spend hours on the phone talking about philosophy, theology, the Church, and vocations

...When your favorite CDs are of religious communities singing/chanting

...When you schedule your summer vacations around vow professions so as to ensure your attendance

...When you *don't* think postulant outfits are dorky - they're cute! ^_^

InHisLove726

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1888183' date='Jun 10 2009, 11:34 PM']...When your room is decked out in saint pictures and holy articles instead of celeb posters

...When you try to justify chores by attributing them to a certain "vow of obedience"

...When you find more comfort in sharing things with Jesus, Mary, and the saints instead of with friends

...When you *don't* think postulant outfits are dorky - they're cute! ^_^[/quote]

LOL, all of these apply to me. :D

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1887928' date='Jun 10 2009, 06:58 PM']Can we trade formerly-Deacon friends?

Mine has decided I'll be his housekeeper if the convent-thing doesn't work out ;)

(I'd do it, by the way. There's worse things than having people eat your cooking and do parish work. Never thought that'd be so close to my dream job when I started reading Physics!)[/quote]

Haha!

Actually, ironically enough, one of my priest friends (I have to admit, this still sounds weird to say-- I knew him as a seminarian, then as a deacon) called me last night for a chat. It was nice. :)

Saint Therese

When Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the only thing that makes you happy or gives you peace. When you just want to spend your life at the feet of Jesus in the tabernacle...