An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are Being Called When...

dominicansoul

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1888328' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:56 AM']When Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the only thing that makes you happy or gives you peace. When you just want to spend your life at the feet of Jesus in the tabernacle...[/quote]

When you want to spend your life at the feet of Jesus in the tabernacle, and then go and join an Apostolic congregation because that's what HE wants. :)

...When you find a video about the MotherHouse (where "your" order was founded) and you almost burst into tears and think: "There isn't any nicer places in the world..."

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Noemi' post='1888450' date='Jun 11 2009, 05:13 PM']...When you find a video about the MotherHouse (where "your" order was founded) and you almost burst into tears and think: "There isn't any nicer places in the world..."[/quote]

:yes:

:))

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Noemi' post='1888450' date='Jun 11 2009, 06:13 PM']...When you find a video about the MotherHouse (where "your" order was founded) and you almost burst into tears and think: "There isn't any nicer places in the world..."[/quote]

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1888458' date='Jun 11 2009, 06:23 PM']:yes:

:))[/quote]

When you then spend about a week telling your sister about this and refuse to take any other opinions into consideration, even though they are willing to concede that it is the nicest place [i]for you[/i] if not for them!

DominicanPhilosophy

...When the Sisters of "your" community ask if you'd like to give a group of visitors a tour of the chapel, since they know you are familiar enough with it to do so

...When you install CursorMania to search for religious cursors and end up finding one of a nun and using it

...When you start identifying your clothing with religious orders, based on color (ex: "Hand me my Carmelite dress." [brown and white dress])

:hehe:

Edited by DominicanPhilosophy

Maria Faustina

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1888183' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:34 AM']...When you spend hours on the phone talking about philosophy, theology, the Church, and vocations

...When you schedule your summer vacations around vow professions so as to ensure your attendance

...When you *don't* think postulant outfits are dorky - they're cute! ^_^[/quote]

Ahhgreedd 100% :)

Jennifer G.

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1888666' date='Jun 11 2009, 09:57 PM']...When you start identifying your clothing with religious orders, based on color (ex: "Hand me my Carmelite dress." [brown and white dress])

:hehe:[/quote]

I already have a brown jacket (looks like some Carmelite orders' vests), brown slacks and brown slip-ons. I call it my "Camelite outfit" after I though, "You know, I'll look like a Carmelite in that!). :D

...When a family member says you "look good in brown" (Carmelites! :D).
...When one of you parents, in a random conversion (not even about religion) says, "...when you enter/visit the convent...". (I had that one this morning).
...The very first question your parents ask you after your RCIA confirmation at the Easter Vigil is, "Are you going to become a nun?".

Edited by Jennifer G.

Thomist-in-Training

When you draw stars and strange shapes in the margins of your notes but also try to draw nuns (you know, it's hard to make the part around the face look right)

When you win "Most Likely to Become a Nun" for the yearbook! Yea! :clap: I didn't get any other grad awards so I was relieved to have [b]something[/b]!

TeresaBenedicta

... when you have dreams with Dominican sisters in them

... when you have dreams about what your first visit with the vocations director is going to be like

dominicansoul

...when no matter how low your I.Q. is...

you have an unsatiable appetite for all things Dominican!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1888666' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:57 PM']...When the Sisters of "your" community ask if you'd like to give a group of visitors a tour of the chapel, since they know you are familiar enough with it to do so

...When you install CursorMania to search for religious cursors and end up finding one of a nun and using it

...When you start identifying your clothing with religious orders, based on color (ex: "Hand me my Carmelite dress." [brown and white dress])

:hehe:[/quote]

Totally agree! :love:

VeniteAdoremus

This one is [i]totally[/i] embarrassing and way TMI. You have been warned. :)

When you have a meeting at a different floor of the university physics building than where your lab is located, and the toilet there has a white seat instead of the black one at your floor...

...and you think "oh, a novice!"

:duh:

she_who_is_not

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1889591' date='Jun 13 2009, 07:53 AM']This one is [i]totally[/i] embarrassing and way TMI. You have been warned. :)

When you have a meeting at a different floor of the university physics building than where your lab is located, and the toilet there has a white seat instead of the black one at your floor...

...and you think "oh, a novice!"

:duh:[/quote]

:lol_roll:

she_who_is_not

When you are discussing your objections to religious life with a vocations directress and she can't stop laughing.

When you get upset that your Catholic secondary school has a "Vocations Day" and all the booths are about secular jobs ):