An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are Being Called When...

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1889591' date='Jun 13 2009, 06:53 AM']This one is [i]totally[/i] embarrassing and way TMI. You have been warned. :)

When you have a meeting at a different floor of the university physics building than where your lab is located, and the toilet there has a white seat instead of the black one at your floor...

...and you think "oh, a novice!"

:duh:[/quote]

:lol_pound:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1889703' date='Jun 13 2009, 07:16 PM']:lol_pound:[/quote]

Seriously. I [i]scared[/i] myself.

puellapaschalis

You know your sister probably has a religious vocation when she pops up on irc one day and in a blur of words tells you about some weird encounter she just had with inanimate (she checked) toilets in her university department.

You know [i]you're[/i] being called to some state of holiness when you manage to refrain from telling her to [i]stop talking to the loos[/i].

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1888666' date='Jun 12 2009, 03:57 AM']...When you start identifying your clothing with religious orders, based on color (ex: "Hand me my Carmelite dress." [brown and white dress])

:hehe:[/quote]

When you dress like a postulant in "your" order and a deacon says: "Sister, please have a look at the oltarservants, ok?". *I was amazed.... and couldn't tell a word :D *

Edited by Noemi

Maria Faustina

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1889447' date='Jun 13 2009, 12:33 AM']... when you have dreams with Dominican sisters in them

... when you have dreams about what your first visit with the vocations director is going to be like[/quote]

i just had a dream about Sr. Mary Emily last night!! lol it was like the weirdest dream EVERR!!

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1889559' date='Jun 13 2009, 06:13 AM']...when no matter how low your I.Q. is...

you have an unsatiable appetite for all things Dominican!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

^ohh yess :))

Jennifer G.

- You start registering at Catholic forums with your preferred religious name. Just incase...
- Whenever you pray the Rosary with a group, and close your eyes, you imagine that you're a nun.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1889728' date='Jun 13 2009, 08:48 PM']You know your sister probably has a religious vocation when she pops up on irc one day and in a blur of words tells you about some weird encounter she just had with inanimate (she checked) toilets in her university department.

You know [i]you're[/i] being called to some state of holiness when you manage to refrain from telling her to [i]stop talking to the loos[/i].[/quote]

I totally don't remember this.

DominicanPhilosophy

[quote]i just had a dream about Sr. Mary Emily last night!! lol it was like the weirdest dream EVERR!![/quote]

LOL! :topsy:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1889768' date='Jun 13 2009, 10:21 PM']I totally don't remember this.[/quote]

I would grep my logs, but gandalf's gone.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1889775' date='Jun 13 2009, 11:33 PM']I would grep my logs, but gandalf's gone.[/quote]

I believe you, I just don't remember :) I was only reminded of the Dread Incident yesterday.

Also it is disturbing on many levels that I completely understand what you said there.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1889447' date='Jun 13 2009, 06:33 AM']... when you have dreams with Dominican sisters in them

... when you have dreams about what your first visit with the vocations director is going to be like[/quote]

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1889735' date='Jun 13 2009, 09:30 PM']i just had a dream about Sr. Mary Emily last night!! lol it was like the weirdest dream EVERR!![/quote]

This is actually pretty weird. I have had very vivid dreams about just about every possible future, including marriage to the most unlikely of people, but I have [i]never[/i] dreamed about being a Sister, or about Sisters, period.

I do hope that will change come September :)

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1888666' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:57 PM']...When you start identifying your clothing with religious orders, based on color (ex: "Hand me my Carmelite dress." [brown and white dress])

:hehe:[/quote]

I have many a Dominican outfits...and one Carmelite outfit, hehe

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1889777' date='Jun 13 2009, 10:34 PM']I believe you, I just don't remember :) I was only reminded of the Dread Incident yesterday.

Also it is disturbing on many levels that I completely understand what you said there.[/quote]

It's hardly disturbing. Once we've entered the average geek level of discerning Catholic girls in the world will [i]plummet[/i], I tell you.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1889786' date='Jun 13 2009, 11:48 PM']It's hardly disturbing. Once we've entered the average geek level of discerning Catholic girls in the world will [i]plummet[/i], I tell you.[/quote]

Jennifer is a programmer!

Clearly we need to get that girl in a habit post-haste.

-You keep misreading vacation as vocation all the time.

-A sister winks at you when another nun says she wishes for more sisters.