An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are Being Called When...

dominicansoul

she_who_is_not

[quote name='NisiTe' post='1889785' date='Jun 13 2009, 04:47 PM']I have many a Dominican outfits...and one Carmelite outfit, hehe[/quote]

I held up two dresses today and said, "Whaddya think, the Benedictine or the Carmelite?"
Black or Brown on the bottom, white on top.
Went with neither.

If one's wardrobe is an indication of vocation I'm headed for the Pink sisters

Edited by she_who_is_not

dominicansoul

...someone asks you if you are in a relationship OR if you are dating someone???

...and you immediately think, "Yes, with Jesus.." but you are not quite sure how to put it into words...

puellapaschalis

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1890524' date='Jun 14 2009, 11:41 PM']If one's wardrobe is an indication of vocation I'm headed for the Pink sisters[/quote]

HA! In my case I'd be SSVM.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1890538' date='Jun 14 2009, 07:12 PM']...someone asks you if you are in a relationship OR if you are dating someone???

...and you immediately think, "Yes, with Jesus.." but you are not quite sure how to put it into words...[/quote]

Or perhaps you just tell people "Jesus is my boyfriend." ;)

One of my good friends (now a religious sister) had put "Jesu Cristo" in the "married to:" option of her Facebook profile. :lol: And yes, I must admit my first thought was, "Hey! I should do that!" (Even though neither of us are yet officially married to Him...) Hahaha!

AbsconditaInDeo

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1890524' date='Jun 14 2009, 06:41 PM']If one's wardrobe is an indication of vocation I'm headed for the Pink sisters[/quote]

And I would be headed for the Dominicans...

Ahh.. Dominicans.. is there anything they don't know?

I feel like I could fly right now seeing as I have found a wonderful Community that I just absolutely love and I'm really considering entering.. and they're Dominican :love:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='AbsconditaInDeo' post='1890586' date='Jun 15 2009, 01:54 AM']And I would be headed for the Dominicans...

Ahh.. Dominicans.. is there anything they don't know?[/quote]

Nope. ;) Except possibly the time of the Second Coming.

[quote name='AbsconditaInDeo' post='1890586' date='Jun 15 2009, 01:54 AM']I feel like I could fly right now seeing as I have found a wonderful Community that I just absolutely love and I'm really considering entering.. and they're Dominican :love:[/quote]

I approve.

the lords sheep

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1890552' date='Jun 15 2009, 12:27 AM']Or perhaps you just tell people "Jesus is my boyfriend." ;)

One of my good friends (now a religious sister) had put "Jesu Cristo" in the "married to:" option of her Facebook profile. :lol: And yes, I must admit my first thought was, "Hey! I should do that!" (Even though neither of us are yet officially married to Him...) Hahaha![/quote]

I'm "in a relationship" with Jesus of Nazareth on FB. My friends were really bored one day and created a very amusing profile for him. Once I enter, I'll switch it to engaged. :D

Vasilius Konstantinos

I used to go out and grab a Guinness with a Dominican Father at our local Parish in CA. We would then meet up with a Benedictine Father from the local Abbey and then have fun hearing the jokes about "a Priest, a Monk and a Jew are sitting in a bar..." At that time in my life I was still in the synagogue before I converted to Eastern Orthodoxy.

the lords sheep

My seminarian friends just can't wait for the day when they can make "3 priests and a nun walk into a bar" joke. (I'll be amused too... by the first hundred or so :)

TeresaBenedicta

...you write a facebook status and know that one of your priest friends will be the first to respond...

...when he does comment on it, as does two other priest friends (and other friends, of course)...

melporcristo

[quote name='littlesister' post='1884427' date='Jun 5 2009, 04:09 PM']...when the idea won't leave you alone, and you know deep down that you have to at least try or you'll regret it the rest of your life.[/quote]

Amen!

... your closest friends seem to all be priests or nuns :-).

... you attempt to give up looking and your spiritual director says "don't give up unless you're convinced that you're not called to be a religious sister"

... you cry at the idea of wearing a wedding gown at your future wedding with Christ :-)

... you keep getting called "sister" even in lay clothes

... you are constantly asked "are you a sister?"

... people continue to pass to you information about xyz or abc community

... at school or at home or at work you keep thinking about consecrated life

dominicansoul

when, no matter how rough things get, how many times you enter and leave, how many times you, yourself decide, "I'm not being called, I'm content to live out my life out in the world..."

....God plops your Sisters right back into your path...

...when you least suspect it... they become part of your world again...

hmmm... I wonder what He is up to? :think:

:love: