An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelites Vs. Franciscans

InHisLove726

This is really interesting!
I took the test and got:
E S F P
67 56 38 1

According to the other page you posted, I'm definately a Franciscan. . . Good thing I'm going to be one, lol!

InHisLove726

[quote name='Agnes' post='1893091' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:24 PM']This is really interesting!
I took the test and got:
E S F P
67 56 38 1

According to the other page you posted, I'm definately a Franciscan. . . Good thing I'm going to be one, lol![/quote]

I don't know if I quite agree with the idea that I am an "Ignatian" spiritual person. I don't imagine myself in situations ever, so it doesn't fit. I think I need to take the test again to see if I'm on the border between Judging and Perceiving. If I'm at 50, then it would be a toss up. Let's see.... I'll post it later.

Edited by InHisLove726

InHisLove726

I took the online test again at Humanmetrics.com, and came out an:

I S F J
67 12 25 67

I guess the Ignatian thing does match me closest. Strange!

Your Type is
ENTJ
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 62 12 67

It seems to vary a little. :D

Regarding Fransiscans....We have [url="http://www.fransiskushjelpen.no/"]Fransiskushjelpen[/url], they're a charitable organisation with a lot of volunteers. They work with the sick, the mourning and the drug addicted.

InHisLove726

[quote name='Hilde' post='1893967' date='Jun 17 2009, 12:18 AM']Your Type is
ENTJ
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
11 62 12 67

It seems to vary a little. :D

Regarding Fransiscans....We have [url="http://www.fransiskushjelpen.no/"]Fransiskushjelpen[/url], they're a charitable organisation with a lot of volunteers. They work with the sick, the mourning and the drug addicted.[/quote]

Apparently your spirituality is Thomistic. :)

Regarding the Franciscan group, I wish we had something like that here. :saint:

It seems as though I'm both idealist and rationalist. And bothe Augustinian and 'Thomistic.

Maybe I'll be a volunteer there sometime. I have a friend who really wants to. We had someone who worked there come visit us in our youth group. He talked about what they did, and he seemed very interested in recruiting us.:D

truthfinder

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
I N F J
22 12 25 44

This put me in the Augustinian category. But how does Augustinian prayer connect with my attraction to Carmel? (I really don't know much about the difference between Thomist or Augstinian prayer or thought.)
The explanation, though, was really close to my personality when I looked up what INFJ was.

InHisLove726

[quote name='truthfinder' post='1894108' date='Jun 17 2009, 02:11 AM']Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
I N F J
22 12 25 44

This put me in the Augustinian category. But how does Augustinian prayer connect with my attraction to Carmel? (I really don't know much about the difference between Thomist or Augstinian prayer or thought.)
The explanation, though, was really close to my personality when I looked up what INFJ was.[/quote]

I think Augustinian spirituality would be VERY compatible with the Carmelites. It says that your personality is one that likes to pray, meditate and contemplate--3 very necessary and useful qualities with Carmelites.

This is suggestive of a Carmelite vocation as well:
[quote]Since the life of the intuitive-Feeling personality revolves around personal relationships, this will also be true in the intuitive-Feeling personality type's prayer life. [b]The NF should endeavor to create a good, loving relationship with each person of the Trinity: a parental relationship with the First Person; a brotherly, friendly relationship with Jesus; a spousal relationship of love with the Holy Spirit.[/b] Icons, statues, and other representations of art which express beautifully and symbolically a good relationship with God will also help the intuitive-Feeling personality in prayer.[/quote]

:D

truthfinder

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1894112' date='Jun 17 2009, 12:29 AM']I think Augustinian spirituality would be VERY compatible with the Carmelites. It says that your personality is one that likes to pray, meditate and contemplate--3 very necessary and useful qualities with Carmelites.

:D[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

WisdomSeeker

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1894112' date='Jun 17 2009, 08:29 AM']I think Augustinian spirituality would be VERY compatible with the Carmelites. It says that your personality is one that likes to pray, meditate and contemplate--3 very necessary and useful qualities with Carmelites.

:D[/quote]

[size=3]This helps to explain my growing attraction to the Carmelites :D[/size]

InHisLove726

[quote name='truthfinder' post='1894120' date='Jun 17 2009, 02:40 AM']Thanks for the info.[/quote]

You're welcome. ;)

[quote name='WisdomSeeker' post='1894154' date='Jun 17 2009, 04:30 AM'][size=3]This helps to explain my growing attraction to the Carmelites :D[/size][/quote]

Cool! :D

InHisLove726

[quote name='Muus' post='1894152' date='Jun 17 2009, 04:13 AM']My type is: ENTJ

E I T J
1 12 1 22

I'm a Thomistic[/quote]

You are barely Extroverted or Thinking. This could be considered borderline INFJ, which is Augustinian. This would explain your attraction to the Carmelites as well. ;) Pretty cool, eh?