An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelites Vs. Franciscans

InHisLove726

laetitia crucis

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1900688' date='Jun 24 2009, 03:46 PM']I am an INFP as well!!!! This is really weird! I've never met another one before! My mom and all my sisters are ENFPs which is close but It is nice to know that others are out there. I'm actually super excited.[/quote]

I've also never met another INFP. And I totally agree -- it's nice to know there are others out there! :grouphug: Haha!

[quote]I went to see a counselor at school because I was thinking about dropping out my first semester. She suggested I do a Myers-Brigg to see if law was a good personality match. I told that I was an INFP. She said, "Have you thought about Divinity School?"[/quote]

:lol: :gradtalk:

In The Arms of The Lord

InHisLove, have you looked into Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration?

Here is the website: [url="http://www.ssfpa.org/"]http://www.ssfpa.org/[/url]

Edited by In The Arms of The Lord

InHisLove726

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' post='1901996' date='Jun 26 2009, 06:19 AM']InHisLove, have you looked into Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration?

Here is the website: [url="http://www.ssfpa.org/"]http://www.ssfpa.org/[/url][/quote]

Yes, but I have no desire to discern with them. I've done research on several Franciscan orders, and the only one that I have a really strong drive to visit is the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. Probably because I'm very drawn to the Friars. ;)

I have a friend that said I should look into the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate, but I don't have a desire for them either.

I've probably clicked on every single habited Franciscan order of Sisters that I have found, and still my heart won't budge. :rolleyes: Can anyone guess where I'm going to end up? :lol_roll:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1901997' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:32 PM']Yes, but I have no desire to discern with them. I've done research on several Franciscan orders, and the only one that I have a really strong drive to visit is the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. Probably because I'm very drawn to the Friars. ;)

I have a friend that said I should look into the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate, but I don't have a desire for them either.

I've probably clicked on every single habited Franciscan order of Sisters that I have found, and still my heart won't budge. :rolleyes: Can anyone guess where I'm going to end up? :lol_roll:[/quote]

Statistically? Ann Arbor :P

she_who_is_not

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1902043' date='Jun 26 2009, 08:22 AM']Statistically? Ann Arbor :P[/quote]
:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1902043' date='Jun 26 2009, 09:22 AM']Statistically? Ann Arbor :P[/quote]

Oooooooo!!! You better watch it! :evil:

Although I love the Ann Arbor Dominicans, I don't have what it takes to teach. I've tried it several times, and it's just not for me. My mom said that maybe it's just because I don't have the necessary education, but I told her I think I need the passion that she has for teaching (she graduated with a Bachelors in Education). She agreed. ;)

VeniteAdoremus

Oh, I totally understand! I can survive a few hours as a substitute, but beyond that... no way.

My sisters actually have it in their constitutions that they will never operate a school or a hospital (although individual sisters can work there if it works out that way). To keep them suitably mendicant, I believe.

But you know...
[center][img]http://www.op-stjoseph.org/dom-images/bigimages/domfrancisbig.jpg[/img]
[/center]
Dominicans and Franciscans are friends :grouphug: And you can name yourself after the topic of my History of Science paper, Roger Bacon!

...although I would pick his [i]first[/i] name.

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1902168' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:35 PM']Oh, I totally understand! I can survive a few hours as a substitute, but beyond that... no way.

My sisters actually have it in their constitutions that they will never operate a school or a hospital (although individual sisters can work there if it works out that way). To keep them suitably mendicant, I believe.

But you know...
[center][img]http://www.op-stjoseph.org/dom-images/bigimages/domfrancisbig.jpg[/img]
[/center]
Dominicans and Franciscans are friends :grouphug: And you can name yourself after the topic of my History of Science paper, Roger Bacon!

...although I would pick his [i]first[/i] name.[/quote]

LOL! No wonder the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word have flourished all these years. :lol_roll:

[url="http://www.sisterservants.org/sisters.html"]http://www.sisterservants.org/sisters.html[/url]

Could you imagine me as Sr. Mary Roger??? :rolleyes:

NO, thank you! Hehe! I still like:

Sr. Pio Maria of the Sacred Heart

and:

Sr. Therese Francesca of the Sacred Heart

is growing on me. ;)

Edited by InHisLove726

VeniteAdoremus

As a soon-to-be-former vegetarian Sr. Bacon would probably be a good penance. I'm glad he's a Franciscan.

Do the Sisters of the Renewal take titles? (I like both names. :) )

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1902195' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:12 PM']As a soon-to-be-former vegetarian Sr. Bacon would probably be a good penance. I'm glad he's a Franciscan.

Do the Sisters of the Renewal take titles? (I like both names. :) )[/quote]

Wow! You learn something everyday! I had no idea that Roger Bacon was a Franciscan Friar! I just thought from your major, that he was a physicist. :D BTW, I used to be a vegan/vegetarian too, before I became so sick from lack of Vitamin B12. My body just cannot live off plants only, so I decided to go from vegan to lacto-ovo vegetarian (milk/dairy/eggs), but that didn't help, either. I needed meat! I got soooo run down, that I started sleeping like 13 hours every day. Once I started eating meat again, that stopped. :topsy:

I asked Sr. Agnes Mary how the CFR Sisters get their name, and she told me that they pray about it. She told me that the night before she became a novice, she was trying to figure out which name to take because all the ones she thought of didn't fit her. That night, she laid down to sleep and dreamt of the name, "Agnes" which means "lamb of God." She told her superior before the investiture ceremony, and the superior said she heard "Agnesa" (Latin pronunciation) in her sleep too! I asked her if it was after St. Agnes of Assisi, Clare's younger sister, but she said that she decided to name herself after Agnes of Rome. First, it was going to be Sr. Mary Agnes, but then decided for Sr. Agnes Mary. :D

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='elizabeth09' post='1907914' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:39 AM']If I ever join, I will like my name be Sr. Marie Therese.[/quote]

That is very beautiful. Simple and elegant and everything both Mary and St. Therese are. (St. Therese is always mistaken for Mary in our church. I don't think she minds.)

I will enter three options with my prioress, and I think I have two out of three filled - I've been keen on them for a couple of months, so they probably will not change anymore.

And they are SEKRIT :P

All I will tell is that there's no "Catherine" among them. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they just called me that - we must be the only community of active Dominicans who don't have a Catherine!

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1908000' date='Jul 2 2009, 06:25 AM']That is very beautiful. Simple and elegant and everything both Mary and St. Therese are. (St. Therese is always mistaken for Mary in our church. I don't think she minds.)

I will enter three options with my prioress, and I think I have two out of three filled - I've been keen on them for a couple of months, so they probably will not change anymore.

And they are SEKRIT :P

All I will tell is that there's no "Catherine" among them. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they just called me that - we must be the only community of active Dominicans who don't have a Catherine![/quote]

The horror!!!! No Catherine amongst the Dominicans!!!?!?!?!? :shock: What a scandal! Something must be done!

:lol_roll:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1908005' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:36 PM']The horror!!!! No Catherine amongst the Dominicans!!!?!?!?!? :shock: What a scandal! Something must be done!

:lol_roll:[/quote]

I know! I'm afraid either Benedicta (the postulant in my avatar) or I are going to get it or we will surely be suspended by the Order. If not the Vatican.

I love St. Catherine, she's on my computer wallpaper, but... she's not my type, name-wise, I guess.

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1908029' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:05 AM']I know! I'm afraid either Benedicta (the postulant in my avatar) or I are going to get it or we will surely be suspended by the Order. If not the Vatican.

I love St. Catherine, she's on my computer wallpaper, but... she's not my type, name-wise, I guess.[/quote]

:detective: OK, VA, this is what you gotta do. You come up with a three-word name. Then "Catherine" is officially part of your name, but no one says it. Like a religious middle name. I've known some of those, like Sr. Mary Elizabeth Pia, or M. Maria Francesca Stefania. So lessee... Sr. Mary Dominica Catherine (is Dominica really used? it sounds pretty, I think)... the only problem is if someone takes it into their head to call you 'Dominicatherine." Or... Sr. Rose Angelica Catherine (ah, same drawback :lol_roll: ). Or Sr. Thomasina Catherine... and so on! The only problem is then you would be called Thomasina!

There's also the 'of St. Catherine' route, which looks especially cool if you write it in Latin.