An Old School Catholic Message Board

Srs Of The Holy Innocents & St. Gianna Molla

Gemma

Thanks Gemma for explaining that to me. We have this Latin Mass Association in the UK which has done campaigning for years to bring back the Latin Mass. I can't see why the two forms can't exist side by side as it were. All my friends who are Catholics always say they loved the Latin Mass. I'm glad you mentioned Blessed John 23rd. His picture was in most Catholic homes when I was young and it brings back fond memories.

[quote]Yes, much work is needed, but once again, it is a matter of collaborative effort. Have you written to the Cardinal to discuss this? It might be a source of embarrassment for him to find out that a website exists promoting a new religious community to help the aboriginal people, based on Blessed Mary McKillop's inspiration and he knows nothing about it. And according to the website, the Mass will be Ecclesia Dei -- are you planning on bringing your own priests for this?[/quote]

These are two of the main points, Gemma, two of the main points to be discussed.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='tnavarro61' date='30 October 2009 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1256891224' post='1993830']
These are two of the main points, Gemma, two of the main points to be discussed.
[/quote]

I think Gemma has answered this already when she said that this charism has been merged into another one, but it does point out the need to discuss this kind of thing with the hierarchy BEFORE setting up a website.

I am not talking about asking for APPROVAL (which does involve having a lot of paperwork in place) but just getting PERMISSION to proceed with such things as recruiting and a web presence even before all of the groundwork has been done (as both a courtesy and to keep the bishop informed of activities relating to his diocese). In this case, if Gemma had consulted the Cardinal before setting up her website, she would have had a better idea of whether or not this was a good idea.

[quote name='nunsense' date='30 October 2009 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1256892210' post='1993831']
I think Gemma has answered this already when she said that this charism has been merged into another one, but it does point out the need to discuss this kind of thing with the hierarchy BEFORE setting up a website.

I am not talking about asking for APPROVAL (which does involve having a lot of paperwork in place) but just getting PERMISSION to proceed with such things as recruiting and a web presence even before all of the groundwork has been done (as both a courtesy and to keep the bishop informed of activities relating to his diocese). In this case, if Gemma had consulted the Cardinal before setting up her website, she would have had a better idea of whether or not this was a good idea.
[/quote]

oops sorry. I think I got to read the posts again. I must be missing the point. Thanks annie for clearing everything, I learn a lot from you!

Edited by tnavarro61

• 3 weeks later...

Karen and I have been working on her information package for the bishop. His schedule is slammed for the next three months, so Mary's extra graces for meeting with him are going to be needed.

Dr. Gianna's Assistants for Life (DGALs)--that which will become the Lay Association of the Faithful from which the vocations will come--have two members now. Karen has also set up a blog, and has a dedicated email for the project. She still requests that vocational inquiries come through Cloister Outreach first.

http://cloisters.tripod.com/drgiannasassistantsforlife/

Please--the charity of prayer is needed right now. We have everything lined up, it's just a matter of getting into the bishop's queue.

Blessings,
Gemma

• 4 weeks later...

Her info pkg is on the bishop's desk right now. She knows the bishop's secty, and we are trying to keep up with the pkg's progress through her.

Prayers, please!

Blessings,
Gemma

Karen will have an informal meeting today with her bishop after Mass at her church for the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. They will set a more formal meeting after that.

Blessings,
Gemma

Just heard from Karen. She met the bishop last night at Mass, and he says he will call her in January to set up an appt. after he's had a chance to look over the documentation he sent her, and he's had a chance to pray over it. [i]He also mentioned that her project is something that he would support.[/i]

Blessings,
Gemma

she_who_is_not

Bishop Stika has been very supportive of women religious. He invited the RSM of Alma to establish a convent in Knoxville. Will keep praying for Karen!

• 2 months later...
Hroswitha1943

[quote name='GraceUk' date='25 October 2009 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1256505205' post='1991165']
And Charles de Foucald (not sure of spelling) founded the Little Brothers of Jesus. I don't think he had any brothers join him. It was only after his death that the order came into being but he is still regarded as the founder. (Hope I have got the facts more or less right. Its years and years since I read a book about him. Called I think 'The Desert My Dwelling Place.'
[/quote]

Althought Brother Charles was the inspiration for the Little Brothers, the actual founder was René Voillaume.

AccountDeleted

I appreciate the kind comments on my (old) post but oOnce again we weem to be resurrecting posts from the past. My last one was October last year. That's five months ago, just to say that it was a good post? Maybe I'm crazy but sometimes can't we let sleeping dogs lie? with all the new posts about Gemma's groups, I think we could let the old ones die a natural death...... just my opinion.

[quote name='nunsense' date='11 March 2010 - 02:09 PM' timestamp='1268341786' post='2071179']
I appreciate the kind comments on my (old) post but oOnce again we weem to be resurrecting posts from the past. My last one was October last year. That's five months ago, just to say that it was a good post? Maybe I'm crazy but sometimes can't we let sleeping dogs lie? with all the new posts about Gemma's groups, I think we could let the old ones die a natural death...... just my opinion.
[/quote]

While I agree that it'd be a good idea for these threads to die, in Hroswitha's defense she wasn't just commenting on something being a good post. She was clarifying an error, which can, at times, be a good thing to do on old threads about a community, precisely because people discerning look at old posts here to find info about communities. It's best if that info is accurate.

The post complimenting your post WAS from October of last year... that wasn't the post that bumped the thread.

Edited by zunshynn