An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Good Seminaries

IrishG8s

Hey, I wondered if any of you knew of any good seminaries. I am currently trying to get accepted into St. Jhon Vianney in Miami, Fl. But does anyone know any other good ones?
Thanks
-IG-

goldenchild17

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Apr 8 2004, 02:56 PM'] The Dever Seminary is Top Notch [/quote]
Is that the Denver seminary? Is it good? I'm in Colorado and that would work out well for me if that's what you're talking about.

I live in Miami, and our parish is very involved with St. Jogn Vianney Seminary....some awesome people there :cool: :cool:

let_go_let_God

There are two good seminaries in Minnesota and I have friends who are going or have gone to either. One is St. John Vianney at the the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul. The other is IHM in Winona MN.

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Apr 8 2004, 02:58 PM'] I pray that no seminaries breed intellectual arrogance and form their priests in humility! [/quote]

[url="http://www.denverseminary.edu/index.php"]Yeah, I have several Friends who have been made Holy there.[/url]

Some of the seminarians are in a Band and made a really awesome CD. I could not find a link but if you have AIM I would be willing to loan you a couple files.

Also The Most Reverned Chaput is one awesome shepherd...He Literally is the Man,

Edited by Theoketos

Theoketos,

Did you intend to post the link to the Protestant seminary? If so, that's cool, but just so everybody knows.

peace...

It is interesting that popesaintpiusx named the same Seminary that I was going to name. It is the [i]only[/i] good Seminary that I know of in this country, but there would probably be difficulties in most people being accepted, and it is for a Mass with which most of you are probably unfamiliar. If you are interested in the Latin Mass and do not want to have the abuses of the Novus Ordo on your conscience (until you become a Pastor in order to change the errors), then this is certainly your best bet, but, as I said, there are many other issues that must be considered. Just to clarify, it is called Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary in Denton, Nebraska, eight miles from Lincoln, Nebraska where the Cathedral is for the Diocese of Lincoln. God bless.

Oh, just as an aside, not that Our Lady of Guadalupe does this at all, but I think that intellectual arrogance is a very small problem (if it is a problem in our times) compared to the heresies and errors that are openly supported at many seminaries today! God bless.

ilovechrist

there's one in Philadelphia.. i'll ask our pastor tomorrow, he'll know what the name of it is, we have 2 in there right now :D

St. Charles Borromeo is in Philidelphia.. From what I hear that have a good program there. It is both theology and college level. But I have heard that the scripture courses are apt to being a little to historicaly focused.

Peace,
Tony

Conception Seminary College

Wrong Seminary, but the Phorum will not let me edit right now...

I ment the real Denver Catholic Seminary...