An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Whole 'womenpriest' Thing

HeavenlyCalling

HeavenlyCalling

I am assuming that most of you here know about the whole 'womenpriest' thing. If you dont then I'll do a quick recap:
These women ( who are, mostly, middle age lesbians, I'm not trying to be rude, they are, its a fact) go out on boats in rivers or the ocean ( so they aren't in any dioces) and have a ceromony 'ordianing' themselves priests. And they think they are Roman Catholic priests, I think a few ordianed themselves bishops ( of what I dont know). Unfortuantly, this isn't only happening in the US, but also in Europe.
The first time I heard this I dismissed it, but now I hear about it ALL THE TIME and it's really starting to annoy me, thoughts? >:(

Edited by HeavenlyCalling

Mostly it saddens me. I mean it does drive me nuts. But it saddens me that women think they have to become men to be fulfilled or whatever... that they don't see the beauty of motherhood, that vocation which God calls everyone to, and which we alone can undertake.

It saddens me when they say that the Church is anti-woman, when in reality, I think the Church is the only truly feminist institution left in the world. (Feminist in the sense that it fully values and cherishes womanhood... and truly does believe in the oower of femininity. I don't see how insisting that women act more like men is feminism. I would call that anti-feminism, if anything.) It's sad that they don't understand the beautiful differences between men and women, and how we complement each other.

:sign:

puellapaschalis

Try not to be too hard on them in your thoughts. Unless you know them personally, you cannot say whether they truly understand what the Church teaches and still choose to disobey, or whether they have a flawed idea of what the Church teaches (Heaven only knows that's possible with the standard of catechesis over the past few years), or whether there are some other factors that they take to be justification for attempting ordination.

I'm not excusing them. However, in general I'm reluctant to write them off - I'd much rather prefer to see and emphasis the good in them: I'm sure some of them do have truly good intentions. And lest I sound like some kind of overly-pious brat, I've developed this attitude in direct response to my lack of patience with people in general.

Ignore the hype and pray for them. And I've heard that God is really good at listening to rants... :)

Love and prayers,

PP

puellapaschalis

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1069389' date='Sep 21 2006, 10:16 PM']
I have read interviews with these women, and they make it very clear they know just what they are doing.
pax
[/quote]

The media is far from an accurate lens through which to learn about a person's motives. The past fortnight has demonstrated this abundantly.

Love and prayers,

PP

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1069412' date='Sep 21 2006, 03:59 PM']
whatever happened to praying and fasting for their conversion?
[/quote]
Amen :pray:

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1069420' date='Sep 21 2006, 04:05 PM']
The media is far from an accurate lens through which to learn about a person's motives. The past fortnight has demonstrated this abundantly.

Love and prayers,

PP
[/quote]
:yes: