An Old School Catholic Message Board

“It’S Not The ‘Kennedy Seat"

add

Being raised an Irish Catholic does NOT mean I have to vote Democrat. No one owns a seat in the US Senate. No one man, no family, deserves tohold a seat for forty years and then have the unmitigated gall to deemwho deserves to 'inherit' it.

Coakley supports ObamaCare, opposes the war in Afghanistan, and favors higher taxes on the wealthy. Coakley is an EMILY's List [size="3"]prochoice hard-liner[/size]; Coakley has no problem with civilian trials for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Brownis against the health care legislation, backs the president's surge in Afghanistan, and wants across-the-board tax cuts à la JFK. ; Brown[size="3"] condemns partial-birth abortion[/size] and is backed by Massachusetts Citizens for Life. Brown thinks it reckless to treat enemy combatants like ordinary defendants.

watch this race, i have a feeling it's going to be major!

It is. But MA is going on record they will delay the seating if Brown wins in hopes of preventing him from voting against the healthcare bill.

Brown is not a true Republican as he is pro-choice, but if he wins, lets hope that issue does not come up.

[quote name='apparently' date='13 January 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1263421144' post='2036453']
Being raised an Irish Catholic does NOT mean I have to vote Democrat. No one owns a seat in the US Senate. No one man, no family, deserves tohold a seat for forty years and then have the unmitigated gall to deemwho deserves to 'inherit' it.

Coakley supports ObamaCare, opposes the war in Afghanistan, and favors higher taxes on the wealthy. Coakley is an EMILY's List [size="3"]prochoice hard-liner[/size]; Coakley has no problem with civilian trials for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Brownis against the health care legislation, backs the president's surge in Afghanistan, and wants across-the-board tax cuts à la JFK. ; Brown[size="3"] condemns partial-birth abortion[/size] and is backed by Massachusetts Citizens for Life. Brown thinks it reckless to treat enemy combatants like ordinary defendants.

watch this race, i have a feeling it's going to be major!
[/quote]

[quote name='StMichael' date='13 January 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1263423984' post='2036494']
It is. But MA is going on record they will delay the seating if Brown wins in hopes of preventing him from voting against the healthcare bill.

Brown is not a true Republican as he is pro-choice, but if he wins, lets hope that issue does not come up.

[/quote]

i stand opposed to the EMILY's List candidate.

[url="http://emilyslist.org/"]My link[/url]

Apparently, I am an Irish Catholic who has personally been embarrassed by the Kennedy's since I was old enough to understand catholicism and politics. I took an interest in politics as a child of ten, when I started hearing things from family members as how great a family they were. I was repeating this to a friend of mine,from german family, when his grandfather told me about Joe Kennedy and his empire built on illegal bootlegging of booze and murder and bribery, the scandals of JFK as president, from the thousands of dead chicagoans who voted him into office to the public affairs he engaged in, do not even get me started on cuba. I researched this and found it truthful and then realized this is not a good example of a catholic. Edward, or teddy as we lovingly call him, gee aint it easier to overlook the actions of a man who divorces his wife, allowed a woman to drown in his car and runs home to avoid prosecution, votes consistently pro abortion, and is a drunkard when he has an adorable knickname like "teddy" These people were in bed with the mob, I for one am ashamed to have them as the only Irish Catholic family to attain such heights in politics. I read where JFK had to publicly promise he would not be influenced by the church or the pope in any of his decisions made while in office, how is that for a good catholic.

ed

[quote name='StMichael' date='13 January 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1263423984' post='2036494']
[/quote]
There is certainly no stipulation that a Republican must be pro-life. If there were, they would have chosen a different presidential candidate and party chair.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='14 January 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1263446983' post='2036790']
There is certainly no stipulation that a Republican must be pro-life. If there were, they would have chosen a different presidential candidate and party chair.
[/quote]

USA, many confuse republican with conservative, and these two are experiencing an ever widening gap these days.

ed

Edited by Ed Normile

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='14 January 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1263448654' post='2036805']
USA, many confuse republican with conservative, and these two are experiencing an ever widening gap these days.

ed
[/quote]
That is a big problem, as I no longer consider the Republican party conservative, which is why when I registered to vote I selected to be affiliated with the Constitution Party.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='14 January 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1263449028' post='2036807']
That is a big problem, as I no longer consider the Republican party conservative, which is why when I registered to vote I selected to be affiliated with the Constitution Party.
[/quote]

It would be better to change the republican party back to a more conservative group, these wimps in office now have no fortitude to stand for right, they are poll driven, their only want is to keep a cushy well paying job for life. The trouble with a third party is it can not work, there are libertarians and several other conservative based break-off parties, your party is amongst these who are well meaning, but actually are strenghthening the liberals in the democrat party. The problem is that they do not change liberals, there is no way to do that, the everything goes mentality and the take it from the earners and give it to me group is happy with a hedonistic party like the democrats. Those who try to start a new party always fail, that is why when a true conservative comes along like Reagen, the party expands and gets strong, conservatives like Sarah Palin will be ridiculed and derided as the liberals truly fear another Reagen like conservative whether it be a male or female and the true change it would bring. The young minds that voted in Obama did it without considering substance or accomplishments, if they considered this a candidate like Palin could win on her own as president. She is pro-life, she turned around the economy of Alaska with her fiscal policies, Alaska was the only state that did not need bailout monies, they had an eight year surplus in their budget when she left office and virtually no unemployment. They attacked her as stupid, as a country hick of sorts, they attacked her family and her young daughter, they used lies misquoting her as saying "I can see russia from my backyard" and as it was said by a popular comedian these young minds absorbed it as gospel.

ed

Edited by Ed Normile

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='14 January 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1263445914' post='2036775']
Apparently, I am an Irish Catholic who has personally been embarrassed by the Kennedy's since I was old enough to understand catholicism and politics. I took an interest in politics as a child of ten, when I started hearing things from family members as how great a family they were. I was repeating this to a friend of mine,from german family, when his grandfather told me about Joe Kennedy and his empire built on illegal bootlegging of booze and murder and bribery, the scandals of JFK as president, from the thousands of dead chicagoans who voted him into office to the public affairs he engaged in, do not even get me started on cuba. I researched this and found it truthful and then realized this is not a good example of a catholic. Edward, or teddy as we lovingly call him, gee aint it easier to overlook the actions of a man who divorces his wife, allowed a woman to drown in his car and runs home to avoid prosecution, votes consistently pro abortion, and is a drunkard when he has an adorable knickname like "teddy" These people were in bed with the mob, I for one am ashamed to have them as the only Irish Catholic family to attain such heights in politics. I read where JFK had to publicly promise he would not be influenced by the church or the pope in any of his decisions made while in office, how is that for a good catholic.

ed
[/quote]

leave JFK be, may he rest in peace. ted on the other hand was no Jack Kennedy!

JFK's statement still screws up Catholic political thought. He can rest when that statement is forgotten. Until then, may the Kennedy name be associated not with Catholicism but with rampant, stupid liberalism.

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='14 January 2010 - 01:23 AM' timestamp='1263450191' post='2036812']
It would be better to change the republican party back to a more conservative group, these wimps in office now have no fortitude to stand for right, they are poll driven, their only want is to keep a cushy well paying job for life. The trouble with a third party is it can not work, there are libertarians and several other conservative based break-off parties, your party is amongst these who are well meaning, but actually are strenghthening the liberals in the democrat party. The problem is that they do not change liberals, there is no way to do that, the everything goes mentality and the take it from the earners and give it to me group is happy with a hedonistic party like the democrats. Those who try to start a new party always fail, that is why when a true conservative comes along like Reagen, the party expands and gets strong, conservatives like Sarah Palin will be ridiculed and derided as the liberals truly fear another Reagen like conservative whether it be a male or female and the true change it would bring. The young minds that voted in Obama did it without considering substance or accomplishments, if they considered this a candidate like Palin could win on her own as president. She is pro-life, she turned around the economy of Alaska with her fiscal policies, Alaska was the only state that did not need bailout monies, they had an eight year surplus in their budget when she left office and virtually no unemployment. They attacked her as stupid, as a country hick of sorts, they attacked her family and her young daughter, they used lies misquoting her as saying "I can see russia from my backyard" and as it was said by a popular comedian these young minds absorbed it as gospel.

ed
[/quote]
The two-party system has long outlived its usefulness. I refuse to act as though I can be pigeon-holed into one of two monsters, one of which is only slightly less disgusting than the other.
Some might view my vote for a third party candidate as being a wasted one, but part of the beauty of the American Way, I guess, is that no one controls your vote but you.

And please note, both of the Gargantuans were new at one point as well.

And for God's sake, please don't compare Palin to Reagan.

Well I live here in Massachusetts and watched the debate between Scott Brown and Martha Coakley.

I will vote for Brown, not because I agree with him, but rather, I disagree more with Coakley.

That being said, I know how Massachusetts elections are run and how people will vote.

Martha Coakley, because she will be the first female Senator for Massachusetts, could be sitting
in jail the night before the election for tax evasion and fraud, and still get elected by the voters.

Jim

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='14 January 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1263494401' post='2037052']
Well I live here in Massachusetts and watched the debate between Scott Brown and Martha Coakley.

I will vote for Brown, not because I agree with him, but rather, I disagree more with Coakley.

That being said, I know how Massachusetts elections are run and how people will vote.

Martha Coakley, because she will be the first female Senator for Massachusetts, could be sitting
in jail the night before the election for tax evasion and fraud, and still get elected by the voters.

Jim
[/quote]

My state once voted for the dead candidate over the live one. Dead serious too. :mellow:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='apparently' date='14 January 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1263516523' post='2037286']
This will be the start of another Boston Tea Party.
[/quote]
We can only hope.

Personally, I hope it's overpriced, organic tea from Starbucks.