• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#1 kafka

kafka

Do not be afraid. . .

• n00b
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

Everything is ready for my full blown study and commentary from top to bottom concerning this figure of Catholic prophecy known as the Great Monarch.

This is for the most part speculative theology, not Church doctrine or dogma.

You are free to disagree, criticize, bring in scholars to make me look like a fool, etc., however I am going to do something new this time, namely not defend myself. I will simply go from top to bottom and share everything I know for anyone still interested in this subject. You are free to react however you please. I dont care. I'm not going to let the haters get into my head this time. I've been working on this for years, refining it, honing it, and now is the time to finally share it. I'm doing it in a blog-like article form since I have no intention of publishing a book. Too lazy or whatever. Plus my style is too direct. I am not a scholar and I dont want to be considered one. This is for the average Catholic reader.

I realize that my temperment is not suited to everyone here, but this is the only phorum I participate at, and I have mentioned probably hundreds of times I think the End Times is in final prepartion and will occur soon maybe even this year and one of the reasons hinges on what I know about this great Catholic monarch figure.

Enjoy. I will just post the new articles here over the next few months unless I am hospitalized or something.

Chow.

#2 kafka

kafka

Do not be afraid. . .

• n00b
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

Introduction

http://trueandholyeu...prophecy-i.html

Edited by kafka, 20 January 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#3 kafka

kafka

Do not be afraid. . .

• n00b
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

Introduction

The Great Catholic Monarch of Prophecy is a figure expressed in both Divine and private revelation as one who will have a prominent role in the period known as the End Times or Tribulation culminating in the Return of Jesus Christ.

What I am going to do here is take a break from the Eucharist and do a full commentary from top to bottom of all the references I have found of this Great Catholic Monarch in both Divine as well as private revelation.

Divine Revelation

Divine Revelation is the Sacred Deposit of Faith. It is divided into two fonts namely Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture. Sacred Tradition is the public Deeds wrought by God in history for the salvation of the entire human race. The pre-eminent Deed of God is the salvific Death of Jesus Christ on the Cross. Sacred Scripture is the public Words written by God in history for the salvation of the entire race. Both the public Deeds and Words of God are infallible by their very nature, since they were wrought and written by God who is Truth. The canon of Sacred Scripture was closed with the death of the Apostle John. The canon of the public Deeds of God is still open since Jesus Christ is yet to Return. What is interesting is that Sacred Scripture predicts many of the future Deeds of God yet to occur and so we have many expressions of future events described in Sacred Scripture yet no transmission of them since they are yet to occur. This makes the work of eschatology for the most part speculative and a bit tricky so to speak.

The Magisterium proper which is the spiritual authority of the Church invested by God to teach, protect, and guide the two fonts of Divine Revelation has only presented a few infallible and non-infallible teachings or certain truths and certain truths with room for small error, development or clarification to be held by the Faithful with the full sacred assent of Faith and/or the religious/ordinary assent of Faith concerning the End Times such as the Second Coming, the reign of Antichrist, that there will be a period of tribulation known as the End Times and some others. Most other teachings concerning the End Times are by private theologians and they fall into the degree of teaching known as Magisterium general. These are fallible teachings. This ongoing work falls into this degree of speculative theology where I will attempt to draw truths concerning the End Times and in particular concerning this Great Catholic Monarch directly from the second font of Divine Revelation, namely Sacred Scripture, however this endeavor will be aided by the private revelations.

#4 kafka

kafka

Do not be afraid. . .

• n00b
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Private Revelation

Private revelation falls completely out of the range of Divine Revelation and so it is fallible by its very nature. After the death of the Apostle Saint John, what happened was God continued to reveal Himself to certain individuals privately. Some of these individuals recorded the contents of their private revelations, and some of these records have been passed onto us to this very day. Whatever God reveals to an individual is infallible by its nature since God may not err by His very nature which is Truth. However the reception of these private revelations may contain error in the individuals understanding since he was not guided by the charism of inspiration which only the Sacred Author of the Bible were given, consequently these private revelations may contain some small errors in the understanding as well as recording of them.

It is startling as you will see how relatively frequent in number these private revelations are concerning this one figure known as the Great Catholic Monarch. Most of the private revelations I will be commenting on as well as using as an aid to draw from Sacred Scripture, were recorded by holy men who lived in various areas and times with no connection to one another whatsoever. And most were recorded before the invention of the printing press, so it would have been nearly impossible for any of these individuals to have drawn from each other.

It is my firm conviction that these private revelations were recorded specifically for an endeavor to aid one in drawing out truths from Sacred Scripture. A private revelation adds nothing to Divine Revelation, so I come to the conclusion, that these were given to us by God as a gift to aid us in drawing truth from Divine Revelation especially from Sacred Scripture.

Problems with this Work

The problem of this work is one of clarity, efficiency and unity. I cannot seem to put all that I understand about this figure into a coherent whole, so instead I will just write a commentary from top to bottom on all references I have carefully picked out, studied and meditated upon for the past few years. Some of these I was taught by the book, "The Bible and the Future of the World" by Ronald L. Conte Jr. which is truly in my opinion a work of genius, however he did not go into a whole lot of detail concerning the Great Catholic Monarch, rather he focused on other events of the End Times. It was the study of the Great Catholic Monarch which drew me to this book so I decided to branch out and start my own study. What I have found is truly startling and amazing. It might seem strange and extravagant to the average Catholic, yet I do not force it on anyone. These are my theological opinions and you are free to disagree, criticize, etc., however I love the topic and I plan on not keeping this closed to those who might be interested in learning more.

The structure of this work is simple. I will analyze all the private revelations and then I will cross into Sacred Scripture and begin to synthesize ideas hopefully in an orderly fashion. What may happen with the reader is a bit of confusion at first when I bring up topics like World War IV without a lot of evidence to substantiate it, however by the end of the work which will probably be a few months in the making hopefully all will be clear in so much as it may be.

My understanding is fallible. I am fallible, however my style is direct. I feel no need to turn this into some conceited intellectual project where I go proving every point I make with elaborate reasoning and an endless maze of quotes. I like theology which is clear, efficient and unified. That is my criteria for working.

I hope you benefit and enjoy this unique topic of the Faith. Grace and peace to you.

Edited by kafka, 20 January 2010 - 04:09 PM.

#5 cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

Mother of Phatmass

• Church Militant
  • 32,958 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

I think this will be interesting and I am looking forward to it. While I am not fond of Mr Conte's theories, I am interested in the stuff from all the Saints who have prophecied on the Monarch.

#6 CatherineM

CatherineM

New Mom in Training

• Church Scholar
  • 24,330 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

Even if I don't take things as Gospel, I love any discussion about end of times stuff. I have a whole collection of end of the world movies. Carry on good sir.

#7 Raphael

Raphael

Code Monkey @ Doxology Studios

• Church Militant
  • 32,948 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/1882972732

Desmond Birch, a well-known theologian who (I hear) discusses this topic in depth in the book above, is a PMer. Unfortunately, he never posts any more because a certain rude PMer kept being disrespectful to him.

#8 Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Church Militant
  • 30,424 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Trial-Tribulation-Triumph-Before-Antichrist/dp/1882972732

Desmond Birch, a well-known theologian who (I hear) discusses this topic in depth in the book above, is a PMer. Unfortunately, he never posts any more because a certain rude PMer kept being disrespectful to him.

We were literally just talking about him on tinychat a night or two ago. I was mentioning that I very much enjoyed reading his posts while he was here. :)

I always wanted to buy his book. I may someday.

Edited by Nihil Obstat, 20 January 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#9 Raphael

Raphael

Code Monkey @ Doxology Studios

• Church Militant
  • 32,948 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

We were literally just talking about him on tinychat a night or two ago. I was mentioning that I very much enjoyed reading his posts while he was here. :)

I always wanted to buy his book. I may someday.

He was on Tinychat? Cool. He's quite a pleasant man. I'd love to meet him in person some day.

#10 Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Church Militant
  • 30,424 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

He was on Tinychat? Cool. He's quite a pleasant man. I'd love to meet him in person some day.

No no, talking about him. I wish we were talking to him. :P

#11 Skinzo

Skinzo

PM Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for posting this. Now and then I get curious about this topic but haven't heard anything about it in years. I remember having a paperback called "Catholic Prophecy" by Yves Dupont which also dealt with this. But lately I have been thinking the reign of the Immaculate Heart will come first. Now who else was it who mentioned that? Have you ever read "Forty Dreams of St. John Bosco" ? Does he figure into your studies?

S.

Edited by Skinzo, 20 January 2010 - 09:44 PM.

#12 BarbaraTherese

BarbaraTherese

PM Pham

• Chummy Commoner
  • 2,888 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

Found your initial posts very readable and easy to understand, Kafka - and am looking forward to reading more on a subject I know absolutely nothing about ("The Great Catholic Monarch of Prophecy").

Barb

#13 tomasio127

tomasio127

Pro-Paraclete Papist

• Church Militant
  • 5,201 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm curious.

:popcorn:

#14 Luigi

Luigi

Real men wear hats, carry canes, and sit on stone.

• Church Militant
  • 3,951 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:18 PM

Everything is ready for my full blown ... the next few months unless I am hospitalized or something.

Chow.

CHOW = What we eat, particularly in the military.

CIAO = Italian greeting

#15 Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Church Militant
  • 30,424 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

I hate when people mess that up too. :D

#16 kafka

kafka

Do not be afraid. . .

• n00b
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

http://trueandholyeu.../01/gcm-ii.html

The Great Catholic Monarch of Prophecy articles will be abbreviated in the title as GCM.

All the private revelations are drawn from Fr. Culleton's book "The Prophets and Our Times" available from the publisher Tan Books. He compiled and edited a large number of private revelations concerning the End Times with little commentary of his own. I recommend it to all who are interested in eschatology.

St. Cataldus of Tarentino

"The Great Monarch will be in war till he is 40 years of age; a King of the House of Lily, he will assemble great armies expel tyrants from his empire. He will conquer England and other island empires. Greece he will invade and be made king thereof. Clochis, Cyprus, the Turks and barbarians he will subdue and have all men to worship the Crucified One. He will at length lay down his crown in Jerusalem."

Saint Cataldus was born in Ireland. As a monk he took a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. On the return trip he was shipwrecked and ended up in the Italian town of Tarentino where he was made a bishop. He died around the year 485.

The war of the Great Monarch I will call World War IV. He is at war until the age of forty and this is significant as we will later learn when I apply it to a passage from the Prophecy of Daniel. A King of the House of Lily refers to his royal French lineage and birthright to rule an empire. He is prominent in assembling great armies, these armies I will simply call the Allies. The tyrants he expels from his empire are the extremist Muslims. Islam was yet to be established when Saint Cataldus recorded this prophecy, so he uses his historical context and simply calls them tyrants, barbarians, Turks. Notice the wide range of areas he will conquer from England to Colchis (which is modern day Georgia), down to Greece, Cyprus, even to Jerusalem where he will at length lay down his crown. All these areas to be conquered by the Great Monarch imply a previous war otherwise why would he have to conquer and expel tyrants in the first place? This previous war I will call World War III. The men he rules will worship Jesus Christ the Crucified One. So this implies his kingdom will be marked by holiness.

St. Caesar of Arles (469-543) was the bishop of Arles, France for many years. What I like about him is that he encouraged his lay faithful to read Sacred Scripture at home and to treat it with the same sort of reverence as one would treat the Sacraments.

"When the entire world, and in a special manner France, and in France more particularly the provinces of the North, of the east, and above all, that of Lorraine and Champagne, shall have been a prey to the greatest miseries and trials, then the provinces shall be succoured by a prince who had been exiled in his youth, and who shall recover the crown of the lilies."

The entire world will be affected by World War III. France and all of Europe from England to Georgia to Turkey to Italy back North to Scandinavia will be conquered by the extremist Muslim federation after God initiates his End Times. This war will cause a world wide famine, civil strife and death by various causes. The Prince referred to here is the Great Monarch before he is crowned to rule, hence the word Prince and not King. He is exiled in his youth due to World War III, yet he will return with the Allied armies initiating World War IV. At this point I will simply say that it is my opinion that his temporary exile will be in the United States. He recovers his crown in part by the great deeds of his war. Saint Caesar's prophecy continues:

"This prince shall extend his dominion over the entire universe. At the same time there will be a great Pope, who will be most eminent in sanctity and most perfect in every quality. This Pope shall have with him, the Great Monarch, a most virtuous man, who shall be a scion of the holy race of the French kings. This Great Monarch will assist the Pope in the reformation of the whole earth."

The Great Monarch will eventually reign over a large area of the world, yet his reign will be a good influence over the entire world. The holy Pope is the one known in other prophecies as the Angelic Shepherd. The reformation of the whole earth is what I will call the Era of Peace where the Gospel will have great success and the Church will rapidly advance in holiness, wisdom, and stature. The prophecy continues:

"Many princes and nations that are living in error and impiety shall be converted, and an admirable peace shall reign among men during many years, because the wrath of God shall be appeased through their repentance, penance, and good works. There will be one common law one only faith, one baptism, one religion. All nations shall recognize the Holy See of Rome, and shall pay homage to the Pope. But after some considerable time fervour shall cool, iniquity shall abound, and moral corruption shall become worse than ever, which shall bring upon mankind the last and worse persecution of Antichrist, and the end of the world."

So what we learn here is that there is a differentiation between the events of the End Times which I will simply call the Tribulation from here on forward. The first part of the Tribulation is marked by the two wars, namely WWIII and WWIV both related to the Great Monarch culminating in the Era of Peace. Then fervour cools, because those holy people who lived through the first part of the Tribulation and Era of Peace will eventually die out. Then the world will start becoming evil again even worse than the time before and during the first part of the Tribulation. This succesion of evil will reach its extreme point during the rise and reign of Antichrist and be destroyed by the Return of Jesus Christ.

Edited by kafka, 21 January 2010 - 03:31 PM.

#17 kafka

kafka

Do not be afraid. . .

• n00b
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

http://trueandholyeu...lation-iii.html

Abbot Joachim of Fiore was an abbot of the monks of Corazzo, Italy. In his day he was well known as a mystic and theologian. He died in 1202 a.d.

Here is his private prophecy:

"After many prolonged sufferings endured by Christians, and after a too great effusion of innocent blood, the Lord shall give peace and happiness to the desolated nations. A remarkable Pope will be seated on the pontifical throne, under the special protection of the angels. Holy and full of gentleness, he shall undo all wrong, he shall recover the states of the Church, and reunite the exiled temporal powers. He shall be revered by all people, and shall recover the kingdom of Jerusalem. As the only Pastor he shall reunite the Eastern to the Western Church, and thus one only faith will be in vigour. The sanctity of this beneficent Pontiff will be so great that the highest potentates shall bow down before his presence. This holy man shall crush the arrogance of religious schism and heresy. All men will return to the primitive Church, and there shall be one only pastor, one law, one master-humble, modest, and fearing God (Pope). The true God of the Jews, our Lord Jesus Christ, will make everything prosper beyond all human hope, because God alone can and will pour down on the wounds of humanity the oily balm of sweetness."

The Pope prophesied here is the Angelic Shepherd. He will be the Pope elected during the last decade of the first part of the Tribulation. It is firmly fixed in my mind that he is the Catholic priest and mystic Zlatko Sudac from the diocese of Krk, Croatia. The great effusion of innocent blood is the Great Martyrdom of Catholics in Europe during the occupation of the united extremist Muslim federation as a result of WWIII.

The Angelic Shepherd will reunite the exiled temporal powers, meaning all those European leaders forced into exile as a result of WWIII. So he will be working in exile, thus the Holy See will be in exile from Vatican City as a result of WWIII, in my opinion without anything to substantiate it thus far: in the United States. He will recover the kingdom of Jerusalem not by himself, but through the help of the Allies and the great Catholic monarch, encouraging them to initiate WWIV. His holiness and influence will be so great that he will reunite all or most of the Eastern Orthodox Churches with the Roman Catholic Church. All men returning to the Primitive Church refers to the Protestant Churches reuniting with the Roman Catholic Church around the same period of time before WWIV. Toward the end this paragraph the prophecy is expressing him as a gift of God to heal all the wounds in the Church and the world. And the prospering will occur during the Era of Peace after the sufferings of the first part of the Tribulation is complete.

"The power of this Pontiff's holiness will be so great as to be able to check the fury and impetuosity of threatening waves. Mountains shall be lowered before him, the sea shall be dried up, the dead shall be raised, the churches shall be reopened and altars erected."

The Angelic Shepherd will work many miracles.

"It should be known that there will be two heads, one in the East, and the other in the West. This Pope shall break the weapons and scatter the fighting hordes. He will be the joy of God's elect. This angelic Pope will preach the gospel in every country. Through his zeal and solicitude the Greek Church shall be forever reunited to the Catholic Church."

The head in the East will be the Basilica of Jerusalem built during the Era of Peace. This will be considered the heart of worship in the reunited Catholic Church. Perhaps the Angelic Shepherd will give this Church to the head of the Eastern Orthodox Church. The Head in the West is obviously Rome where the Pope will continue to reign, however it will need to be rebuilt after the wars during the Era of Peace.

"Before, however, being firmly and solidly established in the Holy See, there will be innumerable wars and violent conflicts during which the sacred throne shall be shaken. But through the favor of Divine clemency, moved by the prayers of the faithful, everything will succeed so well that they shall be able to sing hymns of thanksgiving to the glory of the Lord."

The wars are WWIII and WWIV. The violent conflicts will be the civil strife as a result of these wars especially the first one WWIII. In the midst of all this suffering the Church will undergo a transformation, or better put a transfiguration.

"This holy Pope shall be both pastor and reformer. Through him the East and West shall be in everlasting concord. The city of Babylon shall then be the head and guide of the world. Rome, weakened in temporal power, shall forever preserve her spiritual dominion, and shall enjoy great peace. During these happy days the Angelic Pope shall be able to address to Heaven prayers full of sweetness. The dispersed nation (Jews) shall also enjoy tranquility. Six and a half years after this time the Pope will render his soul to God. The end of his days shall arrive in an arid province, situated between a river and a lake near the mountains. . . ."

"At the beginning, in order to obtain these happy results, having need of a powerful temporal assistance, this holy Pontiff will ask the cooperation of the generous monarch of France. At that time a handsome monarch, a scion of King Pepin, will come as a pilgrim to witness the splendor of this glorious pontiff, whose name shall begin with R . . . A temporal throne becoming vacant, the Pope shall place on it this king whose assistance he shall ask."

The Angelic Shepherd will exercise his temporal power over the nations (infallibly taught in Unam Sanctam) by crowning the great Catholic monarch as secular ruler over the areas recovered in WWIV. And they will work together to rebuild the Church and the world, greatly damaged by the events of the first part of the Tribulation.

and just a reminder to everyone most of this is in Sacred Scripture either explicitly or in a hidden implicit manner. Now obviously Fr. Zlatko isnt in Scripture but the figure of the Angelic Shepherd is in Scripture implicitly. Hopefully I will make it there. :)

Edited by kafka, 22 January 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#18 Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Church Militant
  • 30,424 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Might I ask why you believe Fr. Sudac in particular to be such a central figure? Why is he, out of any possible person, the Angelic Shepherd?

#19 zunshynn

zunshynn

O alto e glorioso Dio, illumina le tenebre del cuore mio

• Church Militant
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

You know Joachim of Fiore was condemned, right?

#20 Laudate_Dominum

Laudate_Dominum

• n00b
  • 18,616 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

stuff

On a different note, what's your gender? Just curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users