An Old School Catholic Message Board

Youngest Americans More Pro-Life

eagle_eye222001

eagle_eye222001

http://www.lifenews.com/nat5914.html

[quote][b]Poll Shows Youngest Americans More Pro-Life on Abortion Than Baby Boomers[/b]

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- As hundreds of thousands of pro-life Americans young and old participate in the March for Life in Washington today, a new poll finds most marchers will likely be from the millennial generation or Generation X. The most recent Marist survey finds them the most pro-life on abortion.

Conducted by Marist Institute for Public Opinion in late December and early January, the new poll finds Americans of all generations are pro-life on abortion.

But it is Americans who are under the age of 44 who oppose abortion more than older Americans.

The survey, sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, finds Baby Boomers (those aged 45-64) are the least pro-life, with 51 percent saying abortion is "morally wrong."

The good news for the pro-life movement is the next two generations of Americans are pro-life.

Millennials, those young Americans between the ages of 18-29, have 59 percent of their generation saying abortion is morally wrong. Members of Generation X (30-44 years of age) say abortion is morally wrong at a 60% clip.

More than 6 in 10 of the Greatest Generation (those 65+) feel the same about opposing abortion.

Supreme Knight Carl Anderson told LifeNews.com today that the survey results are exciting to him because it represents hope for an abortion-free future.

"Americans of all ages -- and younger people in even greater numbers than their parents -- see abortion as something morally wrong," he said. "America has turned a corner and is embracing life -- and in doing so is embracing a future they -- and all of us -- can be proud of."

"Advances in technology show clearly -- and ever more clearly -- that an unborn child is completely a human being. That, coupled with the large number of Americans who know one of the many people who has been negatively affected by abortion are certainly two of the reasons that Americans are increasingly uncomfortable with Roe v. Wade's legacy of abortion, and with abortion generally," Anderson continued.

"The majority of Americans now understand that abortion has consequences, and that those consequences are not good," he said.

This is the third of three similar surveys Marist has conducted for the pro-life group and the polls in October 2008 and July 2009 also showed younger Americans more pro-life than their middle-aged counterparts.

This report presents the findings from a survey of 2,243 Americans -- including an oversample of 1,006 members of the Millenial generation.

Reports for Americans have a margin of error of +/-2% and for Millennials it is +/-3%[/quote]

Although impossible to poll, I would wager the youngest of all americans, the yet born human children are totally pro-life!

ed

Happy_Catholic

Well, it kind of makes sense.

You can't wipe out 1/3rd of someone's generation and expect them to be okay with that manner of killing.

Plus, we're the tech savy generations, we can see into the womb, we can access all manner of information about the abortion debate and we get to see the damage its done to our mothers, aunties, sisters and friends.

I read a rather good article about how abortion has left a lot of empty places at family tables.

KeenanParkerII

WoO, reppin the youngins!

Did anyone else watch the EWTN coverage this morning? That one lady was describing how they give the baby an injection which dissolves their heart and then cut it up while still in the womb. :madrant: Disgusting!

I truly believe that as our technology advances, we will slowly return to the secular realism of God and all those biblical principles that follow. Science moves through phases; sometimes it looks like it doesn't support us Christians and sometimes it does. In this situation, at this time, technology will help the cause.

Ephrem Augustine

Because more and more girls are being raised, even in pop culture to value child rearing. Just think of how many tabloids obsess over pregnant celebrities.

[quote name='Ephrem Augustine' date='24 January 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1264310945' post='2043278']
Because more and more girls are being raised, even in pop culture to value child rearing. Just think of how many tabloids obsess over pregnant celebrities.
[/quote]

That is true, but this is obsessiveness in an unhealthy way, they seem to glorify unwed pregnancy. Although all life is a gift from God I feel it is not his intent for children to have no father in their life. The father in our culture seems to be disposable, or an afterthought at best.

ed

[quote name='Ephrem Augustine' date='23 January 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1264310945' post='2043278']
[/quote]
+JMJ+
and obsess over how fast they can get back to pre-pregnancy bodies. :blink:

princessgianna

Some of my friends were aborted! So many that I don't know how many. All I know is that they were killed. :mellow:

The lack of friends sometimes leaves Life to be desired.

ThePenciledOne

I think it is not only that the former generation has cut its population down through abortion, but it is also the lack of courage the older ones have to stand up against the systems that are present. The youngest have felt a need to fill in the gaps that are around, because of this.

In a way it is encouraging, but then again twelve-year olds should not know what abortion is yet and in a way it is sad that they lose their innocence so early in this respect.

I taught CCD for 8 years. First graders, 5th graders. And yes, we taught them about abortion.

It is not necessary to teach children the details of how a baby is born before they learn that abortion is a bad thing. The basis for teaching about abortion is about the dignity and worth of every human person, whether that person is big or small, young or old, healthy or sick, wanted or unwanted, convenient or inconvenient.

The basis for teaching young children about abortion is the same basis on which we teach that the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" applies to any other category of people.

We teach our kids that Jesus died on a cross cruelly and brutally. While they may not truly understand (who does?) they know it was because "God loved me." The same with abortion. While they may not truly understand, they know it is wrong.

Parents are the primary educators of their children. This requires that priests, church leaders and other educators cooperate closely with parents. Many at the pro-life march this weekend had their children. Did you know that it was a child's idea to put those feet on top of pink and blue ribbons? A major pro-life organization then made the combination into a pin. Educating children on abortion in the most simplest terms will lead even the young to action. Just like the 12 year old showed.

[quote name='CatherineM' date='23 January 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1264301710' post='2043207']
Probably because the pro-choicers aren't having kids.
[/quote]

I'm counting on Evolution saving this world.

EDIT: Let me rephrase, I'm counting on God saving the world. Through Natural Law as obeyed by devout Catholics resulting in outbreeding of the anti-Life fallacy.

Edited by Veridicus

[quote name='Veridicus' date='24 January 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1264362481' post='2043592']
I'm counting on Evolution saving this world.
[/quote]

:lol_roll:

[img]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs128.snc3/17568_268909865387_725935387_3824706_775654_n.jpg[/img]

The blue sign these friends of mine are holding says it all.