An Old School Catholic Message Board

Flea Markets

Era Might

Era Might

I discovered the world of flea markets today. I always knew they existed, of course, but I went to one today, and I enjoyed it. I didn't buy anything (and I wasn't looking to buy anything), but it was still interesting to walk around. They have everything you could imagine. I don't think I'll ever buy from a store again. I could see myself taking up flea markets as a hobby...not necessarily to buy anything, just to take in the sights and sounds. And who knows, you never know what you'll find.

Edited by Era Might

CatherineM

I love flea markets. My mom and I used to go to them all the time when I was growing up. The ones in St. Pete were great and I miss them. Here they are kind of junky, but still a good place for people watching.

rhetoricfemme

Flea markets can be awesome! You can often find very charming stuff hanging out there.

No flea circus?

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohno.gif[/img]

*leaves thread disappointed*

laetitia crucis

I am a fan of flea markets. Sometimes you can find some really amazing deals. :)

I like flea markets, but I usually can't make people join me, even if we're already there. I guess they think it's only junk, but I have hope for hidden treasures.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Hilde' date='01 May 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1272756827' post='2103341']
I like flea markets, but I usually can't make people join me, even if we're already there. I guess they think it's only junk, but [b]I have hope for hidden treasures.[/b]
[/quote]

:yes:

IgnatiusofLoyola

I haven't been to a flea market in a long time, but it was a lot of fun.

My only concern was whether many of the items for sale were offered at such cheap prices because they had "fallen off the truck."

Am I being overly suspicious? I hope so!

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

Ephrem Augustine

We usually call them swap meets in california
haven't seen one in chitown yet, maybe if i looked up a flea market i would have more success lol!

Maximilianus

I used to go to a Farmers/Flea market when I lived in NJ. There's [size="2"]Mennonites/Amish market.[/size]

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Ephrem Augustine' date='01 May 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1272759448' post='2103367']
We usually call them swap meets in california
haven't seen one in chitown yet, maybe if i looked up a flea market i would have more success lol!
[/quote]

I think one of the best known flea markets in the Chicago area is the Swaparama Flea Market in the suburb of Alsip. But, I'm sure there are others, including "one-time" flea markets in the summer.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola