An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woah Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooooh

missionseeker

I still don't understand it. Someone explain it to me. What is so exciting about a bunch of high schoolers singing popular songs?

Marie-Therese

[quote name='MissyP89' date='02 June 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1275525041' post='2122937']
I still don't understand it. Someone explain it to me. What is so exciting about a bunch of high schoolers singing popular songs?
[/quote]

It's a few things...for one, the comedy is completely campy. The characters are all absolutely hilarious. Underneath it all, the story is a very sweet story.

If you like musical theatre, you would LOVE this show. Not to mention the fact that the performers are all hella talented. There are some really amazing voices on there.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='BG45' date='02 June 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1275525339' post='2122941']
Glee is like Kidz Bop.
[/quote]

Um, NO. Kidz Bop does not have performers like Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel.

Christie_M

[quote name='BG45' date='02 June 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1275525339' post='2122941']
Glee is like Kidz Bop.
[/quote]
:twitch: ak! how can you even compare the two that way!!

Glee is show choir. Kidz bop is tortured 7 year-olds singing songs with lyrics too mature for them.

Glee makes me wish my life was a musical :mellow:

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Christie_M' date='03 June 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1275539660' post='2123031']
:twitch: ak! how can you even compare the two that way!!

Glee is show choir. Kidz bop is tortured 7 year-olds singing songs with lyrics too mature for them.

Glee makes me wish my life was a musical :mellow:
[/quote]

YES. :yes:

Having Mr. Shuester as a teacher certainly would have made my high school life much more pleasant. :lol:

missionseeker

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG4WOUB3wB4[/media]

my Favourite. I :love: Artie. I wish he had a bigger role. :lol:

Marie-Therese

[quote name='missionseeker' date='03 June 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1275541277' post='2123043']

[/quote]

I loved that scene. Artie is awesome, his voice is so good. It always amazes me how wonderful all the singers are, even those with more minor parts.

Christie_M

[quote name='missionseeker' date='02 June 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1275541277' post='2123043']

[/quote]
:mellow:
um. That one was pretty interesting. its even more interesting that it's filmed at a mall that's nearby :P
muahahah