An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm A Godfather!

Dave

I totally forgot to share this with everyone. I'm a godfather now! My godson is the 4-year-old son of a good friend of mine, and he was baptized about 3 weeks ago. His mother and I had been acquaintances for far longer than we were friends, but she finally returned to the Church several months ago after many, many years away and is truly a new person! :D And my godson, William, is so cute! He has a ton of energy, and lately he's been on a spider kick -- he saw that movie Eight Legged Freaks, and now he likes to pretend to kill spiders! :lol: Jake, if you're reading this, knowing how you hate spiders, I bet you're glad he's not your godson, eh? :lol:

Just had to share this. :D

Little William sounds like a little energy ball!!

Yes, he is that! :lol:

So . . . does no one else care to respond? Is one message all I get? No "Congratulations, Dave!" or anything like that? :(

littleflower+JMJ

congrats dave!! isnt it such a great responsiblity but at the same time such a wonderful thing too?

LOL

you'll be a GREAT godfather! i know it!!

God bless!

+JMJ B)

IcePrincessKRS

Thats amesome! I love being a Godmother--my little brother Jimmy is my Godson. Make sure to pray for William everyday. :)

cmotherofpirl

Congratulations!

THink of all the fun things you can buy him : little prayer books, rosaries, all Godparent kind of stuff.

Are you going to post a pic?

THink of all the fun things you can buy him : little prayer books, rosaries, all Godparent kind of stuff.

Oh yeah, I've done some of that already! :D

Are you going to post a pic?

I wish I could. Unfortunately, at this time I lack a scanner. :(

I remember the first time someone asked me to be a godfather. It was last year. Me and my wife have one godaughter now.

Congrats. Now it's your responsibility to turn that godson into a priest!

I remember the first time someone asked me to be a godfather. It was last year. Me and my wife have one godaughter now.  Congrats. Now it's your responsibility to turn that godson into a priest!

Congrats on your goddaughter, dUSt! It would be cool if my godson became a priest! :D

Is 20 too young to be a Godfather??

Surely not. I do know you have to be confirmed, but most people, if they're cradle Catholics, are already confirmed by age 20.

Edited by davejc29201

Theologian in Training

Congrats Dave.

May you be the light that guides this child to the truth who is Christ the Lord.

God Bless

I totally forgot to share this with everyone.  I'm a godfather now!  My godson is the 4-year-old son of a good friend of mine, and he was baptized about 3 weeks ago.  His mother and I had been acquaintances for far longer than we were friends, but she finally returned to the Church several months ago after many, many years away and is truly a new person! :D  And my godson, William, is so cute!  He has a ton of energy, and lately he's been on a spider kick -- he saw that movie Eight Legged Freaks, and now he likes to pretend to kill spiders!  :lol:  Jake, if you're reading this, knowing how you hate spiders, I bet you're glad he's not your godson, eh?  :lol:

Just had to share this.  :D

As long as he likes to KILL spiders, he's wonderful in my book! :o J/K.

Congrats on being a godfather! The news of your friend coming back to the Church must be a source of great joy to you on top of having the joys of being an integral part of a child's life!

As long as he likes to KILL spiders, he's wonderful in my book!

In my original post in this thread, I said that if Jake were reading this, considering how he hates spiders, he'd probably be glad that William wasn't his godson. Well, I take that back. Because William likes killing spiders (or at least pretending to do so), Jake would probably be THRILLED to have William as his godson! :lol: