An Old School Catholic Message Board

Flourishing Order

cmotherofpirl

ok so i got a letter back from Mother Friday!! :dance: :clap:
August 28th i'll be Sr. Ali, only God knows what my name will be two years from now!

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]ok so i got a letter back from Mother Friday!! 
August 28th i'll be Sr. Ali, only God knows what my name will be two years from now!
[/quote]
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats!!!! God bless and Mary keep you in your vocation.

• 1 year later...

This order is doing great. I'm not sure how up to date their web site is. It looks like they have 16 postulates. Wow.

[url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/sitefs.shtml"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/sitefs.shtml[/url]

Is anybody discerning with them?

Laurentina1975

Totally established and approved by Rome as a pontifical community. AWESOME! The Holy Spirit is definately at work there!
So vibrant! Such a beautiful community! :lol_roll:

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 14 2006, 12:59 PM']Is anybody discerning with them?
[right][snapback]887178[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If I were called to be a teacher sister, I'd definately be right there, but alas, the SMME are currently on my "They're so awesome, but I'm not being called there" list. <sigh> Although, I guess it's never for sure until I enter somewhere else...

By the way, Sr. Joseph Andrew, their vd, is an amazing speaker and such a joyful & holy woman. I love her to pieces! It makes me grin just thinking about her! :)

[quote name='BLAZEr' date='Apr 24 2004, 06:56 PM']You know the founder of this community, Mother Assumpta Long, who was once the Mother Superior of the Nashville Dominicans, also helped in the foundation, at the request of Cardinal O'Connor, the Sisters of Life.

Mother Assumpta went to New York and and joined a team of experienced religious who provided the formation for Mother Mary Agnes Donovan and the other Sisters of Life.  She then returned to Nashville and received permission to leave and found another Dominican community with the express devotion to Our Lady, Mother of the Eucharist.

This community is very cool.  Very POD.
[right][snapback]175396[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I met Mother Assumpta many years ago when she was prioress for the Nashville Dominicans, then again, when I was a postulant with the Sisters of Life. They are both amazing groups. there are very few active sisters that I just love and these two are about as high on my list as any can get.

[quote name='jezic' date='Feb 14 2006, 05:59 PM']are the SMME from the Nashville Dominicans?
[right][snapback]887602[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The founder, Mother Assumpta Long, used to be a Nashville Dominican. She then moved on to found the SMME, after having helped Cardinal O'Connor found the Sisters if Life (it's why their habits are so similar in design). The Sisters of Life originally wore the beige color you see their postulants wearing, as their habit, but LOL His Eminence and Mother Assumpta thought they looked unattractive. . .hence the habits you now see them in.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 14 2006, 12:59 PM']This order is doing great.  I'm not sure how up to date their web site is.  It looks like they have 16 postulates.  Wow.

[url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/sitefs.shtml"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/sitefs.shtml[/url]

Is anybody discerning with them?
[right][snapback]887178[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I discerned with them for about two years as an undergrad. But God's current plan for my life is for me to be a graduate student of ministry and theology. And there was heartache at first, but school has been a tremendous blessing in my life. :)

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 14 2006, 08:01 PM']The Sisters of Life originally wore the beige color you see their postulants wearing, as their habit, but LOL [b]His Eminence and Mother Assumpta thought they looked unattractive[/b]. . .hence the habits you now see them in.
[right][snapback]887605[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol_above:

Mother Agnes said, What's wrong with these habits? (They were beige tunics with beige skirts and beige veils.) His Eminence looked and Mother Assumpta and then they said something about them looking 'better'. . . Lol Mother (Agnes) liked telling that story when I was there. I actually SAW the sisters when I was at a class with the Hawthorne Dominicans. They WERE ~coff~ ugly.

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 14 2006, 09:36 PM']Mother Agnes said, What's wrong with these habits?  (They were beige tunics with beige skirts and beige veils.)  His Eminence looked and Mother Assumpta and then they said something about them looking 'better'. . .  Lol  Mother (Agnes) liked telling that story when I was there.  I actually SAW the sisters when I was at a class with the Hawthorne Dominicans.  They WERE ~coff~  ugly.
[right][snapback]887735[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hehe! I had no idea about the SOL's habits! :lol_roll: