• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 andibc

andibc

PM Newbie

• Chummy Commoner
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

I received a brochure from a lovely religious order today and since I haven't seen them mentioned here, I thought I would share their link. I met the foundress through the Friars of the Immaculate a few years ago. From the photo on the brochure, it appears they now have seven sisters-one postulant, one novice and several temporary professed along with the fully professed. http://www.childreno...y.net/home.html Be sure to check out their prayer cards too, they're just beautiful.

#2 TheresaThoma

TheresaThoma

Post goal accomplished!

• Church Militant
  • 3,504 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

They really do look like beautiful community!

#3 nunsense

nunsense

On leave

• Church Militant
  • 8,302 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:47 AM

It's always nice to see communities growing.

#4 Strictlyinkblot

Strictlyinkblot

PM Super Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

Hey, they have chickens. Maybe Lil'Mon should check them out

#5 nunsense

nunsense

On leave

• Church Militant
  • 8,302 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

Hey, they have chickens. Maybe Lil'Mon should check them out

No, she's going to marry Foghorn Leghorn and have 21 chicks! :P

#6 savvy

savvy

PM Alien

• n00b
  • 369 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

They really do look like beautiful community!

I will second that.

#7 Jennirom

Jennirom

PM Super Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 936 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

A beautiful Community........... thank you for sharing

#8 nunsense

nunsense

On leave

• Church Militant
  • 8,302 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

I like their doll

Children of Mary Doll
Posted Image

A woman named Monica found our website and loved it, and wanted to help promote our community, so she made this doll and sent us a picture. She makes dolls of many communities and gives them to a private all girls Catholic school. If you would like to order a doll from her, you can email lapuentef@bellsouth.net
[Click image

#9 JoyfulLife

JoyfulLife

Have mercy on us and on the whole world!

• Church Militant
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

How beautiful! What a wonderful idea as a gift for children!

#10 nunsense

nunsense

On leave

• Church Militant
  • 8,302 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

How beautiful! What a wonderful idea as a gift for children!

Wouldn't it be nice if all religious communities had a doll to sell for fundraising? I bet it would do well for them.

#11 brandelynmarie

brandelynmarie

I will do what I can...

• Church Militant
  • 5,738 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

I :love: these sisters.

#12 emmaberry

emmaberry

PM Super Alien

• n00b
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

Can someone tell me more about these sisters? Unfortunately, I had the hardest time picking through their website to find information about their apostolate, etc. Are they non-cloistered contemplatives?? Thanks!

#13 Kayte Postle

Kayte Postle

PM Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 420 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

(edit: MM did a much better job explaining)

They serve once a week at a soup kitchen in town, and they set up an adoration chapel at the soup kitchen. Although I think their main apostolate is hosting retreats (again not 100% sure, but I will ask).

I know their website is hard to pick through, but they starting the process of updating it. When I was with them today one of the sisters was going through a couple html/css how-to books. If you want you can pm me a list of more specific questions you want answered and I can take it directly to the sisters later this week.

Edited by Kayte Postle, 21 June 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#14 MaterMisericordiae

MaterMisericordiae

I Can Change My Own Title Now

• Church Militant
  • 8,773 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

Can someone tell me more about these sisters? Unfortunately, I had the hardest time picking through their website to find information about their apostolate, etc. Are they non-cloistered contemplatives?? Thanks!

Their order is what you would call "semi-contemplative." They have a little more prayer time than active/contemplative orders, but not as much as cloistered orders. All orders call their nuns' quarters "cloisters." When I did a live-in for about 3 days with the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus (active/contemplative), the door to the private hallway of the Sisters was labelled "cloister." It allows them the privacy they need, but it doesn't separate them completely. :)

#15 Recordare Virgo

Recordare Virgo

Lurker

• n00b
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I spent a week in discernment with this community a few years ago. They are beautiful sisters, but more contemplative than I was looking for. They spend many hours each day in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament and kneel (if the sister is capable) on a wooden floor in their beautiful log chapel. It is true that they visit a soup kitchen, but when I was there, only 2 sisters would go there one day a week. They have a beautiful website, childrenofmary.net and their community is growing. Their superior, Mother Margaret Mary, is very dynamic and energetic and I believe she has created an excellent outreach to new candidates. Their habits are very lovely and the community is completely faithful to the Magisterium. Definitely worth a look if you're more inclined more to the contemplative aspect of religious life.

#16 emmaberry

emmaberry

PM Super Alien

• n00b
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Thanks guys-I contacted the Sisters for more information, and I am not right for them..but they sure are lovely! :)

#17 MaterMisericordiae

MaterMisericordiae

I Can Change My Own Title Now

• Church Militant
  • 8,773 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thanks guys-I contacted the Sisters for more information, and I am not right for them..but they sure are lovely! :)

They really are. If I felt called to pursue semi-contemplative life such as theirs, I'd check them out, but I feel more of a pull to a be a missionary. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users