• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 LadyOfSorrows

LadyOfSorrows

PM Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

My boyfriend and I have been asked to bring up the gifts at SO many Masses. We don't really stick out at all. And it has happened in many different parishes. The first time I didn't think about it too much, but after the 5th or 6th time in the span of a couple of months, I had to ask myself if God wanted us to make a sacrifice together as a married couple? Not sure-- but it certainly is strange. We also were asked to bring up the gifts at one of the huge Masses at the National Shrine on an All Saints Day and the homily was about the Universal Call to Holiness, which was really helpful in our discernment (we both have experience discerning the religious life and priesthood). I'm not surprised when it happens anymore..

#42 i<3LSOP

i<3LSOP

PM Pham

• Church Militant
  • 3,043 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

I was praying about who I should talk to about my vocation and was on the elevator going to the second floor of our home for the elderly run by avvesome nuns. So I kind of thought I knew which Sister I should talk to. When the elevator stopped and the door opened, that Sister was walking in the elevator while I was walking out. I bumped into her and she laughed and had to adjust her veil then squeezed my hand while passing by. I had to chuckle.

Edited by i<3LSOP, 13 January 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#43 Gemma_Kateri

Gemma_Kateri

Lurker

• n00b
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Yesterday I popped into the chapel at school to pray. We have a small side area where the tabernacle is so you can't see if anyone is there till you get up on the altar. I noticed the Eucharist was exposed before I could see who was up there. I turned the corner and sitting there is this fully habited, legit nun, complete with a long rosary hanging from her waist. I'm pretty sure I audibly gasped. I was so flustered I couldn't even pray.

Edited by Gemma_Kateri, 13 January 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#44 maximillion

maximillion

PM Pham

• Church Militant
  • 2,536 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:55 AM

Getting to the convent for a short visit ( we didn't call it 'discerning' in the early 70's ) only to discover I had somehow packed a black leather (very mini) mini skirt!!
I wore my one modest dress the whole week and hoped the sisters thought I was practising Holy Poverty.

#45 marigold

marigold

PM Super Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 1,281 posts
  • Eastern Orthodox

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Getting to the convent for a short visit ( we didn't call it 'discerning' in the early 70's ) only to discover I had somehow packed a black leather (very mini) mini skirt!!
I wore my one modest dress the whole week and hoped the sisters thought I was practising Holy Poverty.

LOL.

#46 she_who_is_not

she_who_is_not

PM Super Alien

• Church Militant
  • 1,526 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

That is the best story I have heard in a very long time.

#47 maximillion

maximillion

PM Pham

• Church Militant
  • 2,536 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

It embarrasses me to think I even bought that skirt now! It was way too short even for the mini's of the day. I don't know what I was thinking of - not the convent, clearly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users