An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Benedictine Order

chasmi

With all the discussion of what has happened to Sr. Mary Catharine who was previously Mother Vicar of Our Lady of the Angels Monastery in Hanceville AL (Mother Angelica's order), I thought it might be interesting to report what I have run across. Sister has changed her name to Mother Gabrielle Marie and has started a new order titled Benedictine Daughters of Divine Will. They are located in Italy and are only 3 in number at this point. Sr. Mary Rose who was also a previous member of the Poor Clares in Alabama has joined her in this new effort. If interested, you can search Daughters of Divine Will and read about their new order and even see pictures on youtube in a slide show titled "BDDW slideshow".

PhuturePriest

A Nun left Our Lady of Angels Monastery? That's so sad. I've been there and the Monastery is beautiful (Not that I was ever inside it). But, the Lord works in mysterious ways. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

By the way, she's not the one that's right beside Mother Angelica during the Rosary, is she?

I particularly appreciated the video since the sea shore at 00:48 is my second home, where I go every year from the age of 1!
I was very surprised when I saw that photo!!

It's finally good to know what happened to Sr's. Mary Catherine and Mary Rose. Now, if we only knew what happend to the last Mother Vicar and all the others who left. Not that I'm snoopy or nosy, but I've been praying for all those who left and it's good to know some prayers have been answered.

Can someone explain the color of the habit for me please? I expected it would be white, it looks a bit more Dominican to me, and the veils are white even though they've taken vows.

I agree Francis Clare...it would be nice to know what happened to our other OLAM friends that are no longer in group picture. They were like friends and family due to their being so visible on EWTN frequently and also being visible on their website. Some of the names that come to mind are: Srs. Margaret Mary, Marie Michelle, Mary Clare (the Extern Sister), among others. I've read that approximately 23 have left. Also, Sr. Marie Augustine is no longer in the Desert Nun photos. The "dad" instinct in me worries about them...they were in the order a long time...what are they doing?...where did they go?...are they eating?...you know the "worry" routine. Just genuine concern for our fellow man/woman. I know they're ok and probably all had families to return to, or maybe other religious orders, but they felt like family when Mother Angelica referred to them so often, telling of their accomplishments in prayer and work. I continue to pray for them.

I just sent an email off to the sisters this a.m. I can't wait to hear back from them. Having Fr. Jacques Daly as your SD?! amesome! And I too worry about those who left - probably the "mom" in me as well. Well we know where 3 of them are anyway :)

Fortunately we have our faith, knowing that our dear Lord and His Blessed Mother are keeping them safe. Hail Mary's for all of them tonight.

Mother Gabrielle has listed her(formerly Sr. Mary Catherine) spiritual director as Fr. Jacques Daley who is a Benedictine. Perhaps that's what spurred the change. I find it also interesting the monastery they're looking at was one of St. Francis'. Maybe they should be Franciscatines? Or how about Benediscans?
Just kidding.