An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Lady Of The Rock Benedictine Monastery

AccountDeleted

Feel better, Nunsense. Take good care of yourself. Sounds to me like it all just caught up with you.... travel, sick niece, new monastery, and then all the bugs running around the community.

A blog will be wonderful when you're feeling up to it. Prayers.... miss you!

BarbTherese

Hope you will be back fully on your feet soon, nunsense - and good to know you are in really caring company.

I agree with previous posters on the bonds formewd on VS. I am always so hopeful when I read that someone has applied or entered. I want that to be me! I am sorry to lose people like LC and Faith but hope they are persevering in their vocations. I miss Kat Sterling but still write to her and I know several people have developed friendships that go beyond VS. We all have the same goals - either to enter religious life or find the path that's right for us.

InPersonaChriste

I am happy for them, but I do miss Navo very dearly as he was basically the first person on Phatmass to talk to me. Which I know sounds pretty wierd, but it was such a relief to know that their were people that were open to God's call. People who did not give me a crazy look. :)

PhuturePriest

I never responded to this? I thought I had. Either way, better late than never. Congratulations on your successful trip, and I am glad that you appear to have entered.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334883662' post='2421003']
I never responded to this? I thought I had. Either way, better late than never. Congratulations on your successful trip, and I am glad that you appear to have entered.
[/quote]

Soon, FP, soon but thank you. I am in the pre-postulancy stage. I suppose the Carmelites would call it a live-in but Benedictines have different terminology and way of doing things. I am in a limbo-land, not of the monastery yet and not of the guest world either. I live above the priest's house (well, it's a priest's house when we have a priest in residence, which God willing will happen in July when our Easter priest comes back for a year's sabbatical from his SOLT duties) but I can take my meals with the guests or by myself if I want. Since I have been sick, I have been taking them alone, but today I went down to the guest house for lunch. They have me live here so that I don't get into too much socializing with the guests and Interns and oblates who come. Sometimes the guest house gets very full of people and there is a lot of talking and busy-ness. I also take care of the cat who lives at the house - he is a real sweetie. In another eight weeks or so, I will move into a cabin within the monastery enclosure with one of the Professed nuns and take my meals at the monastery and join them for recreation. Things are done slowly here, a little bit at a time, which is good for me this time around. I won't post too much here though, because I am going to put things on my blog now, and anyone who is interested can check there for updates. But thank you to everyone for all the kind words.

Edited by nunsense

AccountDeleted

Thanks phriends. I am going to try to post something at the end of every day if I can. I like to think about what has happened during the day and then write about it. It is good for me and there might be others who enjoy it too. And since I can't do all the leisure things here that I used to do, writing is sort of a recreation for me (since I am not joining the sisters yet for Recreation). ACS posted the link above but if you lose it later, I put it on my Profile page.

Nunsense, how do those of us who don't have any of those things (Google accounts, AIM, Typepad, etc.) post comments on your blog?

AccountDeleted

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1334952402' post='2421365']
Nunsense, how do those of us who don't have any of those things (Google accounts, AIM, Typepad, etc.) post comments on your blog?
[/quote]

I just made it possible for anonymous users to post comments as well as registered ones. We will see if that works or not. Sometimes this leaves one open to spam or obnoxious messages, but no sense worrying until and unless it happens. Try to post now and see if it works.