An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Not A Mallard

the first two Kung Fu Panda movies

The second one has got to be the Dreamworks Animation's closest thing to a masterpiece outside of The Prince of Egypt, which is far and wide a masterpiece.

5 hours ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

War and peace by the BBC (a serie, not a movie). It's very good ! 

The old one or the new one? I've heard the new one is "sexed" up quite a bit.

Yes, there's one or two scenes that are unnecessary (I skiped them), but they're not long. It's not Game of Thrones. The actors are very good, specially Paul Dano as Pierre, and Lily James (who play Rose in Downton Abbey) as Natasha. 

Credo in Deum

The Martian:

I really enjoyed this film. I thought Matt Damon did a great job, which is something I never thought I would say. Ever. 

On 1/25/2016, 5:45:23, NadaTeTurbe said:

Yes, there's one or two scenes that are unnecessary (I skiped them), but they're not long. It's not Game of Thrones. The actors are very good, specially Paul Dano as Pierre, and Lily James (who play Rose in Downton Abbey) as Natasha. 

Thanks for the clarification. The way some Brit sources were writing it almost sounded GoTish.

I think they were saying this because it was useless - like the sex scenes in GoT. But it's avoidable. 

Watch not a movie, but a documentary called "our sisters in Siberia" about priest and sisters in Siberia. Very interesting. Most of siberian catholic are polish whose parents were deported in goulag. The testimonies were very touching. There was daughter of Charity and Missionaries of Charity, as well as lesser known orders.