ChristinaTherese

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

petitpèlerin

When you refer to the brothers living in the priory nearby as "my brothers". Because you think of them as your brothers. And you never even thought about it. Until right now. Hmm.

OnlySunshine

...when your pastor looks at you when the other priest hands off the Traveling Chalice for Vocations during Mass and everytime religious life is mentioned.

My pastor did it again today.  :hehe2:  :blush:

emmaberry101

When, on your entrance day, the Lord proclaims in the Mass readings, "Go up on to a high mountain, Zion!," "Adore the LORD in holy attire," and "Beloved:

The grace of God has appeared, saving all and training us to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age, as we await the blessed hope the appearance of the glory of our great God and savior Jesus Christ."

:love:

Spem in alium

When you receive a personal Christmas card from the monastery's Prioress and community, and besides almost crying, you instantly think of it as a gift from "your sisters". 

When talking or thinking about your discernment just fills you with peace.

Eowyn

When you receive a personal Christmas card from the monastery's Prioress and community, and besides almost crying, you instantly think of it as a gift from "your sisters". 

When talking or thinking about your discernment just fills you with peace.

Yeah, that in the bold.  God is good.

OnlySunshine

...when you listen to a song called "Live Like That" by Sidewalk Prophets and desire religious life even more to be a radical witness to Christ's love to others.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWpEusKAHc8[/media]

Julie de Sales

-when someone who never met you saw a picture of you and said that you look like a religious person

-when you think that if you will never become a nun you would like to have many children, especially boys, in order to offer them to God

Mary+Immaculate<3

When you cry when you hear the song, "Make You Feel My Love" sung by Adele (written by Bob Dylan), because the words make you think about what Jesus would say :)

Mary+Immaculate<3

-when someone who never met you saw a picture of you and said that you look like a religious person

-when you think that if you will never become a nun you would like to have many children, especially boys, in order to offer them to God

Or when you start being attracted to a guy, bu then you pray to God that he starts discerning priesthood.

petitpèlerin

When an Evangelical Protestant pastor you worked with years ago told you he wondered if you were going to be like "like Mother Theresa".

When the only men you admire are religious, and you'd rather have fifty as brothers than one as a husband.

Julie de Sales

When an Evangelical Protestant pastor you worked with years ago told you he wondered if you were going to be like "like Mother Theresa".

When the only men you admire are religious, and you'd rather have fifty as brothers than one as a husband.

I really liked the last one ;)

And also:

-when you see two young girls receiving Communion very reverently and you imagine what great sisters they would be.

-when you admire the altar boy and you pray that he will discern priesthood in the future.

petitpèlerin

I really liked the last one ;)

Really? Thanks. I've often wondered if it's just me, so I thought I'd try putting it up here.

ChristinaTherese

When you find a thing you were given years ago in your room that you haven't really looked at in ages, and read "Give Me your heart, let your eyes keep to My ways."

When your favorite days are days when your schedule is extremely monastic and your favorite meals are very simple.

When it makes you really happy to find the first reading at Mass (last Friday) is from Song of Songs and Song of Songs is your favorite book of the Bible.

When you refer to getting a Christmas present from Jesus.

OnlySunshine

...when you cannot help but feel joy at the Mass of Thanksgiving of a newly ordained priest.  My entire face was lit up during the whole Mass.  I loved every moment of it and truly felt God's grace in my Church.  :love:

...when the lector reads the prayer intentions and asks for prayers for vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life, you are thinking "Lord, let me do this for YOU!"  ;)

petitpèlerin

When you're not saying anything directly to your parents but you're dropping little hints every so often just to prep them. Such as:

(Anytime mom teasingly mentions future grandchildren you teasingly respond) "Mom, this world is crazy, I'm not having kids; you want grandkids go talk to my brother."

(During the presidential campaigns, teasing again) "If this president gets reelected this nation's going downhill and I'm going to be a nun because there'll be nothing left I can do for my country but pray for it." (Note: the president got reelected.)

"I'm going to convert France to peanut butter and make a fortune. No, I'm going to return to the US and convert it back to Catholicism and store up treasure in heaven." (And bonus: mom is just so happy to hear I'll be back in the US the rest is just details. :) )

Edited by petitpèlerin

ToJesusMyHeart

When you spend 2.5 hours on Christmas Eve going through the entire 45 pages of the "women in habits" thread because seeing nuns makes your heart leap for joy.

cartermia
...when you cannot help but feel joy at the Mass of Thanksgiving of a newly ordained priest.  My entire face was lit up during the whole Mass.  I loved every moment of it and truly felt God's grace in my Church.  :love:

...when the lector reads the prayer intentions and asks for prayers for vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life, you are thinking "Lord, let me do this for YOU!"  ;)

The prayer intentions is all me and I am going to a Mass of Thanksgiving maybe this year...

When you spend 2.5 hours on Christmas Eve going through the entire 45 pages of the "women in habits" thread because seeing nuns makes your heart leap for joy.

I did that to... thought that was only me

ChristinaTherese

When a girl says "You look a little young." to you after Mass and the only thing that you can think is that she thinks your a Sister. (I'm not even Catholic yet!) :hehe2: