An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Website For Belated Vocations

OnlySunshine

Sr. M. Michael asked me to submit a list of the religious orders I know of that accept older vocations and I decided to list the communities in a website format.  Since several of you are discerning a vocation and looking for communities with no age limit or that will overlook it, I decided to list the website here as well.  It is the same format as my iList website and very easy to maneuver through.

http://belatedvocations.weebly.com/

I hope you get a lot of use out of this website.  I'm preparing it to submit to Sister.  Soon, it will also have a list of all the men's communities.  :)

Thank you, Eowyn.  It's still a work in progress, but I think it does the job.  I wish Weebly gave me more features to use so that I could divide the groups up better but this is the only way I can make it work without it looking like a mess.  It took all night last night to do the women's side and I still have to research the men's side.  :)

I thank everyone who has emailed me with suggestions on how to improve the website.  I have taken all your suggestions to heart and I will definitely be adding some more women's communities and starting on the men's.  I haven't had time to email you back because I am busy with schoolwork but please know that I read each and every one that arrives in my inbox.  ;)

Is this just for the US/ Canada?

I can't see the SSVM there, they are open to all ages. Nor SOLT and I don't remember seeing the Religious Sister of Mercy, Alma.

In the UK there are quite a few more that could be added including the Grace and Compassion Benedictines, Stone Dominicans, Mater Ecclaesiae, Carmelites at Thicket, York.

If it's to be a global list I will see if I can remember a few more.

Is this just for the US/ Canada?

I can't see the SSVM there, they are open to all ages. Nor SOLT and I don't remember seeing the Religious Sister of Mercy, Alma.

In the UK there are quite a few more that could be added including the Grace and Compassion Benedictines, Stone Dominicans, Mater Ecclaesiae, Carmelites at Thicket, York.

If it's to be a global list I will see if I can remember a few more.

The SOLT Sisters and RSMs are both on the list.  The Grace and Compassion OSB order is on there because my friend is with them and she is over 50.  :)

I wasn't aware of the SSVM being open to older vocations and I will put them on there.  I will also put the other UK orders on.  I am trying to make it as global as I can.  :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

I could really use some help with men's communities that accept older vocations (50 and above).  There aren't many search engines that allow for male orders so I don't have many listed.  I'd really like to balance it out.  Thanks!

For the women's side, you have the O. Carm. Carmelites in Allentown, PA listed but then link to the O.Carms in Hudson, Wi which do accept up to 50 I think it said. Allentown though is only up to 38 and said "No" for belated vocations on their IRL page. Thought I should let you know :like:

This website is super great, by the way :)

For men's communities, you might add the Benedictines at the Monastery of the Holy Cross in Chicago, IL - http://chicagomonk.org/

Here's a comment on their age range by their Father Prior - http://chicagomonk.org/vocation-becoming-a-monk/

Edited by Chiquitunga

For the women's side, you have the O. Carm. Carmelites in Allentown, PA listed but then link to the O.Carms in Hudson, Wi which do accept up to 50 I think it said. Allentown though is only up to 38 and said "No" for belated vocations on their IRL page. Thought I should let you know :like:

This website is super great, by the way :)

For men's communities, you might add the Benedictines at the Monastery of the Holy Cross in Chicago, IL - http://chicagomonk.org/

Here's a comment on their age range by their Father Prior - http://chicagomonk.org/vocation-becoming-a-monk/

I don't know how I missed that!  Thank you for pointing it out.  I must have looked at Allentown but I was thinking Hudson.  I probably got them confused since they are both O.Carm. communities.  :)

LOL, I just realized I posted it as Allentown, WI.  I mixed the two communities up!  :hehe2:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

• 1 year later...
OnlySunshine

For those of you who have used the website and found broken links, they have now been fixed.  I'm trying to keep the site updated because I have at least 20 visitors daily so I know this website is coming in handy, which I'm glad it is.  If any of you know some more communities to include (that are public, approved by the Bishop, and have more than 1 member), please list them here and I will add them ASAP.  :)