An Old School Catholic Message Board

'the Warning'

TheLordsSouljah

TheLordsSouljah

This is doesn't really have anything to do with a particular Church teaching, but a word of advice would be very much appreciated.

My devoutly Catholic grandmother has recently been following the messages of one who calls herself 'Maria Divine Mercy' (MDM) who claims that she is receiving locutions/visions with regard to the Second Coming of Christ (Last Judgement, etc). This MDM has written two books of these locutions that she started receiving in November 2010 and continues to receive. Apparently many priests and tens of thousands of Catholics at least are following and accepting these messages as from God and is becoming increasingly widespread (even through the email forwarding method....). While it promotes good things like the Rosary, fasting and the Divine Mercy Chaplet, I am afraid that people may be accepting what looks okay out of curiosity about the uncertain future.

Most of what I have checked out looks like good material but there are a few things that seem quite 'off' to me. This is straight off 'The Warning' website:

Maria was told by Jesus that she is the 7th Messenger, the 7th Angel sent to reveal to the world the contents of the Seals in the Book of Revelation which can only be opened by the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. He will open the Seals and reveal, in advance, the contents. Maria has to publish them as each Seal is opened. He has told her she is the end time prophet.

Source: http://www.thewarningsecondcoming.com/about/

She also claims that God the Father has given her the Seal of the Living God - mentioned in Revelation 7 - and that 'this will give protection to those who accept it', my grandmother telling me that it will be like blood on the lintels of our doors at the Second Coming. Here is this seal: http://www.thewarningsecondcoming.com/downloads/seals/GB/Seal_English.pdf

The rest is on the 'about' page and some of the 'messages' are uploaded. 

I want to believe this if it is truly from God and have tried to look into it a fair bit, but I am never at peace when I read anything about it. The seal thing is the first religious thing I have ever refused to take from my dear grandmother who I am very close to. There are wide rifts among the faithful and others about it's authenticity, however the Church has not yet given Her approval/disapproval. 

I want to be fair and unbiased and am only seeking the truth. Advice??

• 4 weeks later...

Be aware and keep watch. Christ is returning soon. That being said it is my policy to ignore non approved visions like this one.