An Old School Catholic Message Board

If/when Bl. Miguel Pro Is Canonized...

Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

If/when Blessed Miguel Pro is canonized, these will probably become the first photographs ever taken of a saint's martyrdom. Some of the pictures from the Cristero War are a powerful testament to the Faith of the Church.

[Pictures are somewhat upsetting. Do not scroll down if you feel that they might disturb you.]

Miguel_Pro_praying.png

205px-Miguel_Pro.gif

Miguel_Pro_volley.jpg

Miguel_ProPointBlank.gif

I am very fond of Bl. Miguel Pro. I had a discussion a while ago with a friend about how amazing it is that nowadays we can have photos of saints, to have photos of martyrdom is quite incredible. 

Nihil Obstat

Did anyone else recognize how he died with outstretched arms like Christ? Profound.

It was deliberate. :)

Mary+Immaculate<3

Did anyone else recognize how he died with outstretched arms like Christ? Profound.

And he shouted, "Viva Christo Rey!" before he was shot.

Nihil Obstat

"Fr. Pro and his brothers were visited by Generals Roberto Cruz and Palomera Lopez around 11 p.m. on November 22, 1927. The next day, as Fr. Pro walked from his cell to the courtyard and the firing squad, he blessed the soldiers, knelt and briefly prayed quietly. Declining a blindfold, he faced his executioners with a crucifix in one hand and a rosary in the other and held his arms out in imitation of the crucified Christ and shouted out, "May God have mercy on you! May God bless you! Lord, Thou knowest that I am innocent! With all my heart I forgive my enemies!" [5] Before the firing squad were ordered to shoot, Pro raised his arms in imitation of Christ and shouted the defiant cry of the Cristeros, "Viva Cristo Rey!" -"Long live Christ the King!".[5] When the initial shots of the firing squad failed to kill him, a soldier shot him point blank."