An Old School Catholic Message Board

What I Read This Summer (group Drawing)

arfink

To commemorate the completion of summer and the fact that many of the lame board's finest members spent much of their summer reading books, I'm going to be doing another group drawing. This will work much the same as last time, with a few exceptions.

Carter, DeusTeAmat, and Chryso, since you guys won the top three spots, you get to pick something big for the picture. The picture is going to include all kinds of things from books you read during the summer, so pick your absolute favorite thing and it will be made into a major focal point of the drawing. Just to be clear, it needs to be something from a book you read. So if you had read Peter Pan, you could pick Captain Hook and the crocodile or something like that.

To our honorable mentions (Terp, Ardill, and BG45), you get to pick two smaller images of your choice. They will featured more prominently than the others, and are guaranteed inclusion.

Everyone else, including people who didn't even participate in the reading competition, may pick things to be included as well! Just remember that it has to be things from a book you actually read this summer.

Now, you may all include as many suggestions as you wish, but I may reject some of them depending on the amount of space and time I have left after doing the ones for the winners. And for you winners, you can pick more than your allotted share, but just be sure to specify which ideas you want to have in your prize-winning spots, because otherwise I might toss an idea you really wanted in the picture.

Of course, the usual conditions apply, I won't draw anything obscene and I reserve the right to reject excessive requests for nun pictures. ;) Also, if your idea is not in this thread before the Google Hangout begins next weekend, your idea will not be included at all! So make sure to post it here.

You should include Colonel Chabert!

And Aslan or something from Narnia (since I think that a couple of us read the Chronicles of Narnia).

Can I pick a setting from a book?

If so it is from The Lost Years of Merlin. It is a grove of trees and all the trees of have different fruit on them (ex: A blue tree with an orange, apple, pomegranate, etc...)  

Or could you do a girl swing on a vine like Tarzan? (maybe in the grove of trees?)

If so it is from The Lost Years of Merlin. It is a grove of trees and all the trees of have different fruit on them (ex: A blue tree with an orange, apple, pomegranate, etc...)  

Or could you do a girl swing on a vine like Tarzan? (maybe in the grove of trees?)

Oh! That is a good book! I read that one a few years ago! I love the world they live in!

I have been reading text books over the summer, does that count?

The only book I read for pleasure this summer was the third installment of the Sabriel trilogy by Garth Nix

Abhorsen-garth-nix-453169_402_648.jpg