An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Draws You To The Traditional Clown Mass?

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

All I know about Oregon is that it is the setting for Twilight. All I know about Portland is it is a kind of cement.  

But I'm sure it is a perfectly nice place.

And actually, Oregon is not the setting for Twilight, Washington is.

Traditional clowns like Bozo are far superior to these weird modern clowns running around these days.

Credo in Deum

Traditional clowns like Bozo are far superior to these weird modern clowns running around these days.

While this statement is so very very true, I must step in and say Bozo was part of the modernist clown camp.   

A truly traditional clown was, Pagliacci. 

hqdefault.jpg

And actually, Oregon is not the setting for Twilight, Washington is.

I guess that means that I don't know anything about Oregon.  :) 

(Seriously, the movie Twilight was filmed there.)

Credo in Deum

I guess that means that I don't know anything about Oregon.   :)

(Seriously, the movie Twilight was filmed there.)

It was filmed in both places, and yes I am ashamed to know that. 

tinytherese

Twilight may have been filmed in Oregon or wherever, but the novels took place in Washington. It's embarrassing to say, but I read the first 3 books and part of the 4th one. I was never in-love with Edward though. I used to like the story.

I wasn't anywhere nearly as into it as lots of girls and middle aged women are. I grew out of it, so hopefully others will too. Wouldn't be the only stupid thing I'll look back on in my life.

Hmm, now I know what happens when you go over the time permitted to edit a post. Edited by tinytherese

Twilight may have been filmed in Oregon or wherever, but the novels took place in Washington. It's embarrassing to say, but I read the first 3 books and part of the 4th one. I was never in-love with Edward though. I used to like the story.

I wasn't anywhere nearly as into it as lots of girls and middle aged women are. I grew out of it, so hopefully others will too. Wouldn't be the only stupid thing I'll look back on in my life.

I read the first one because my daughter was reading it and I wanted to be able to discuss it with her.  I then begged her not to read any more because I would feel it was my duty to read them and I really didn't want to.

Nihil Obstat

I read all of them when I was in highschool, back when all the girls were freaking out about it. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Really poorly written books.