An Old School Catholic Message Board

Problems

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

I am ducking into Phatmass as a contributor to ask for prayer urgently please and despite resolutions to stay off the computer.  Prayer and some common sense seem to have informed me that this is an exception.  I have a sick puppy that could cost up to $3000 for orthopaedic surgery, my two sons are in trouble with their relationships and I have the Home Mass to renew and receive private vows Friday week.  I am having one anxiety attack after the other and have got in touch with my doctor.  I am still on an even keel mentally, but anxiety can be a feature of bipolar and it seems to be a layover from the more serious bipolar (psychotic) episodes per se - my body and brain just take over as it were and stress is inducing anxiety attacks over which I have no control it seems.  Last night I almost had a panic attack which means calling an ambulance because of the symptoms I get and those of a heart attack. I did manage to get on top of that without an ambulance. I am focused on the Home Mass and have no intentions of cancelling it.  But the road is getting pretty difficult just now - but I know I have to keep going and that the Home Mass is important. 

If things go too far and my doctor advises cutting down on stimulation, it means abandoning voluntary work and living quietly until all settles down again, but then I have my normal life in shambles and have to reconstruct it all. Not only this, it is in the back of my mind that my doctor might determine that the Home Mass at this point may not be a good idea and I am praying powerfully and frequently that this will not eventuate.  She advises me, decisions are mine.  And should she take that route of suggesting cancelling the Home Mass, then this will be a time when I do not take up her advice. I have prayed about this and my focus remains on the Home Mass knowing that I can make it through.  I will be seeing my doctor as soon as she can - meanwhile we are touch via phone.

I am keeping my eyes on Jesus knowing that He is in charge and uniting whatever my puppy, my sons and I are going through to His Sufferings.  And as I strive to overcome and prayerfully - much prayerfully in fact.

"Where two or more are gathered in My Name, there I Am in the midst of them".  And on Phatmass especially we are indeed gathered together in His Name - although back in the times of Jesus there were of course no computers, but we can rest totally assured that He has all things covered to the end of time.

Prayer very gratefully received and prayers for you and your own intentions.  Prayer especially please to Our Lady who has often intervened in my past powerfully.  August is the month of The Immaculate Conception and the Home Mass is on the Solemnity of The Assumption.  After the Home Mass, I would like to stay on retreat giving thanks until the following week and the Queenship of Mary.  But a retreat with what is happening just now is not easy and I need to divert my mind as much as I can and my hope is that it is common sense, wisdom and prudence that is guiding me.

Thank you...........Barb :)

On a lighter side, and it is good to laugh and therapeutic, I am bringing to mind those times it has been suggested that private vows in the secular state is to choose the easy way - and reflecting back on all the challenges that have been presented in my journey..........and....LOL !!! rotfl