An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well, This Was... Interesting. Thoughts?

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

http://youtu.be/LrH1Y7Jf59E?t=12s

Honestly, I think everyone in this video made their side look bad. :P The women were being unintentionally ironic by being so unhappy and generally unpleasant when arguing that women are happy, and at least one of them clearly hates men, and the man obviously doesn't have good ideas about women and life in general.

All in all, everything you might expect from Fox News.

I refuse to watch that video. Well I started to, but honestly it was so obnoxious in the first 15 seconds, I couldn't finish it. 

Also, the idea of a "male rights activist" seems incredibly stupid to me. 

PhuturePriest

It's from Fox, what do you expect? 

I think the more appropriate thing is "It's from mainstream news, what do you expect?" as it isn't just Fox that's like this, but every mainstream news network. Let's not pretend the folks at CNN and MSNBC are somehow more level-headed and pleasant. :P

Basilisa Marie

I didn't say that, but Fox usually has a special kind of inflammatory nonsense. They take a comment from a study and have two completely unqualified people "debate" it. They find the most stereotypical bimbo-looking and sounding woman to spout stereotypes about men and women, and the guy uses anecdotal evidence to spout stereotypes about men and women. It's nonsense. 

PhuturePriest

I didn't say that, but Fox usually has a special kind of inflammatory nonsense. They take a comment from a study and have two completely unqualified people "debate" it. They find the most stereotypical bimbo-looking and sounding woman to spout stereotypes about men and women, and the guy uses anecdotal evidence to spout stereotypes about men and women. It's nonsense. 

Of course. That's why I was laughing through the whole video, rather than taking it seriously in any sort of sense whatsoever. :P Neither of these people were qualified, neither of them of them made any good points, and the only part worth watching was the flames of hellfire erupting in the woman's eyes when the guy said "When men are married to women like you, they just want to die sooner."

I think the tactic of mainstream news is to get two angry inflammatory people to scream at each other for five minutes.