An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bethlehem Monastery Poor Clares Get New Entrance

Feankie

Spem in alium

True. I have seen some postulancy periods lasting two years. I suppose it depends primarily on the needs and circumstances of the community and of the individual. 

• 2 weeks later...

J.M.+J.T.

Thanks for sharing that. I really like what she said here:

“Every time I started doubting my vocation or falling away from my vocation, I would be full of confusion, doubt, fear and anxiety. As soon as I got back on track, there was just peace and happiness and joy. That’s how I knew I was going in the right direction. I’m finally feeling complete and I’m happy,” Paradiso said. “When I think about surrendering myself in prayer and silence, and really just giving all of who I am to God, well that makes me smile every time.”

Really rings true, at least for myself. :hehe:

According to my Spiritual Director, who is also a Canon Lawyer, it cannot be less than 6 months or more than 2 years. That is for the postulancy. Aspirant would be different and would vary from Order to Order.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the new blog post, Phoenix will be exchanging her white aspirant veil for a postulant veil on Ash Wednesday.  Also, it says to watch out for Cheyene's (sp?) investiture sometime in the next 6 months.

AveMariaPurissima

According to the new blog post, Phoenix will be exchanging her white aspirant veil for a postulant veil on Ash Wednesday.  Also, it says to watch out for Cheyene's (sp?) investiture sometime in the next 6 months.

It's the other way around:

Cheyenne will exchange her white aspirant veil for a black postulant veil on Ash Wednesday.

Phoenix's investiture will be sometime in the next 6 months.

I'm so excited for both of them!! :heart:

AveMariaPurissima

Adult onset mixemup disease :)  Sorry for the confusion 

No worries. :) 

Exposure to twins greatly increases the likelihood of developing Adult onset mixemup disease. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...