PhuturePriest

Guilty as charged.

However its an alpaca.

Edit

Edited by PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

Guilty as charged.

However its an alpaca.

I live in Kansas. I know my livestock. I know what alpacas look like. That is not it.

CrossCuT

So smoking pot turns you into an atheist satan worshiper?

Does that mean all atheists are rapists? 

ST BERNARD

Our bodies are temples of God
Smoking dope is blasphemy

Disclaimer: I don't smoke dope myself.

I am curious though if your statement applies to alcohol as well? Because after all God made wine to cheer man's heart. Only the misuse of alcohol is a sin. So is there an amount of marijuana use that is acceptable or not? And certainly the use of it for medical purposes is not blasphemy, is it? Just interested in your opinion - not challenging you.

little2add

Disclaimer: I don't smoke dope myself.

I am curious though if your statement applies to alcohol as well? Because after all God made wine to cheer man's heart. Only the misuse of alcohol is a sin. So is there an amount of marijuana use that is acceptable or not? And certainly the use of it for medical purposes is not blasphemy, is it? Just interested in your opinion - not challenging you.

Alcoholism is a very serious deadly disease, only one drink has been know to distroy lives.
Pot is much the same way, some people just can't handle it.
Both (as well as other chemical drugs) should be avoided as its usage weakens the mind, body and most importantly your Spirit. Edited by little2add

pippo buono

Working with those who experience homelessness in Denver, we see how the legalization of marijuana has impacted the homeless population here.

There's much more to the debate than just that, but that has especially influenced my distaste for its legalization.

Nihil Obstat

Working with those who experience homelessness in Denver, we see how the legalization of marijuana has impacted the homeless population here.

There's much more to the debate than just that, but that has especially influenced my distaste for its legalization.

Have there been any academic studies of the link between homelessness and marijuana's legal status?

Amppax
Basilisa you missed my point. I'm under the impression that tobacco and weed have different effects, in terms of when it is being used. I've never heard of someone being arrested for a DUI after smoking tobacco, but I'm pretty sure people have been arrested for a DWI while high.

I guess maybe I missed your point, come to think of it. Edited by Amppax

CrossCuT

People always have the most difficult time with consistency on this topic. But you know, I kinda get it. If you are never exposed to legitimate data and information you will never form a sound opinion. And even if someone is exposed to legitimate data or information, the disease of anti-intellectualism allows them to turn a blind eye to favor a bias. 

Edited by CrossCuT

Not A Real Name

People always have the most difficult time with consistency on this topic. But you know, I kinda get it. If you are never exposed to legitimate data and information you will never form a sound opinion. And even if someone is exposed to legitimate data or information, the disease of anti-intellectualism allows them to turn a blind eye to favor a bias. 

Is this your way of calling people stupid?

CrossCuT

Ehh, maybe. Its moreso my way of wanting to debate but also submitting myself to the outcome of past debates that went nowhere. 

Amppax

Instead of adding nothing to the discussion except your own self-righteous smugness, how about sharing this data you're so wild about?

I don't have a particularly strong opinion, but I've noticed way too much of this "all the data supports us!" attitude, followed by very little data.

I personally avoid discussing illegality, because I don't really care, I'm more concerned with the morality.

Nihil Obstat

For me personally, I find that anecdotes add very little to this particular topic, because we have heard them all. One side says marijuana does this and this and this to a person over the long term, or whatever, and one side says that it either does not do those things, or that those things are caused by other things, or that the benefits far outweigh the costs. 

Whatever the argument is, we have all heard it.

What I want is hard data, proper studies, peer reviews. And I know that data is sparse, I know there is a lot more work to do, but at this point that is all I think we can rely on to come to defensible conclusions. Otherwise this debate cannot progress.