An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Sister Shared This

PhuturePriest

Fun is overrated.  :|

My best friend in middle school often called me a goody two-shoes. I got annoyed with her, but I must admit that she was close to the truth.  :hehe:

You know, the only real regret I have from my time at high school was that I was too scared to cause a bit of trouble. :P

PhuturePriest

You know, the only real regret I have from my time at high school was that I was too scared to cause a bit of trouble. :P

There is much joy to be had in doing fun things at the expense of the rules, to be sure.

yesterday at 10 pm I went sledding down an ice cliff on top of a trash bag.

my arse feels it today but the fun was totally worth the risk of internal decapitation. 

There is much joy to be had in doing fun things at the expense of the rules, to be sure.

Plus in high school there was really not all that much in the way of real consequences. Not for fun, harmless stuff that just happened to be against the rules.

There was a group of friends whom I kind of knew, and they had a several week long Nerf + lightsaber war. Had a detailed running scoreboard and everything. Only safe place was inside the school itself, so the game spilled over to people's houses in the mornings and evenings and stuff. I think one guy had the police called on him for sneaking around in the dark outside a friend's house.

The game only got shut down when there happened to be a large battle in the parking lot on the same day that the Japanese consulate was visiting. Guess that was not really the impression the school wanted to be sending.

Still, a stern talking to, in exchange for that kind of fun and a story like that? Maybe a week long in-school suspension (doubtful)? Totally worth it.

PhuturePriest

Plus in high school there was really not all that much in the way of real consequences. Not for fun, harmless stuff that just happened to be against the rules.

There was a group of friends whom I kind of knew, and they had a several week long Nerf + lightsaber war. Had a detailed running scoreboard and everything. Only safe place was inside the school itself, so the game spilled over to people's houses in the mornings and evenings and stuff. I think one guy had the police called on him for sneaking around in the dark outside a friend's house.

The game only got shut down when there happened to be a large battle in the parking lot on the same day that the Japanese consulate was visiting. Guess that was not really the impression the school wanted to be sending.

Still, a stern talking to, in exchange for that kind of fun and a story like that? Maybe a week long in-school suspension (doubtful)? Totally worth it.

I've never been in a legitimate nerf war. However, my seminarian friends tell me seminary is pretty much a constant nerf war with study breaks, so I'll get my fill soon enough.

Haha during high school I was a shy homeschooler with not many friends. Plus I'm an only child and live with my parents in a small apartment, where it would be really hard to act up without getting found out. So rule-breaking has never really been my thing.  :)

PhuturePriest

Haha during high school I was a shy homeschooler with not many friends. Plus I'm an only child and live with my parents in a small apartment, where it would be really hard to act up without getting found out. So rule-breaking has never really been my thing.  :)

I've been homeschooled all my life, and didn't really have a real friend until I had just turned 16. However, rule-breaking in the name of comedy has always been a favorite pastime of mine. :P

Ancilla Domini

yesterday at 10 pm I went sledding down an ice cliff on top of a trash bag.

my arse feels it today but the fun was totally worth the risk of internal decapitation. 

When I was littler, I would climb my grandmother's shed in the winter and slide down the tin roof on the icy snow. My game resulted in quite a few ripped clothes. :P

I've been homeschooled all my life, and didn't really have a real friend until I had just turned 16. However, rule-breaking in the name of comedy has always been a favorite pastime of mine. :P

Well, different personalities are different.  :P

This is me:

6DA4SRR.jpg

PhuturePriest

This is me:

6DA4SRR.jpg

I'm extroverted through and through.

This is me:

keep-calm-and-party-hard-314.png

PhuturePriest

When I was littler, I would climb my grandmother's shed in the winter and slide down the tin roof on the icy snow. My game resulted in quite a few ripped clothes. :P

I just found another thing on the internet that embodies me as a person:

extrovert+someecard.png

Ancilla Domini

This is me:

6DA4SRR.jpg

I'm extroverted through and through.

This is me:

keep-calm-and-party-hard-314.png

And I'm a fine line between them. I like to get out and socialize, but with a small group of people. I'd prefer hanging out my best-friend by ourselves than going to a party.

Edited by Ancilla Domini

PhuturePriest

And I'm a fine line between them. I like to get out and socialize, but with a small group of people. I'd prefer hanging out my best-friend by ourselves than going to a party.

I'm kind of the same way. I don't like socializing with huge groups of people I don't know, but if I know them it's always a lot of fun, especially if there's a party. I like crazy dance parties, and they're much more fun with 10 people than 3.

However, if we're having conversation, I'd much rather it be 2-4 friends I'm talking to rather than go in a huge pack of people. I also really like one-on-one time with a friend.

Unless that friend is introverted, in which case I need another crazy extrovert to keep things interesting.