An Old School Catholic Message Board

The end of the world

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

No, this is not about the apocalypse. It's about living upside down to everyone in the Northern hemisphere. It is very strange to find myself alone with one or two Ozzies or an insomniac Yank or Canadian or European. 

I post tons of things and then go to sleep for 8 hours and wake up to start all over again, with only a few hours companionship here when I am on with others from the top of the world. And even that sometimes doesn't happen when I have business or appointments during the day.It makes most conversations very one sided - more like email than a forum.

I know Barb is down my end of the world, but who else here is awake on phatmass while everyone else is asleep? :) 

austrailia.jpg

AccountDeleted

hello from amreeka. I really should be going to bed soon

​Aha - an owl type! :) Sleep well.

AccountDeleted

I also wonder (completely apropos of nothing) how many 'mature' people are on phatmass (meaning people who actually were alive before computers become an everyday part of human life?) LOL :) 

IgnatiusofLoyola

I also wonder (completely apropos of nothing) how many 'mature' people are on phatmass (meaning people who actually were alive before computers become an everyday part of human life?) LOL :) 

​I had been thinking the exactly the same thing. I wouldn't mind a private subforum for those over, say 40? I don't know if we'd get enough takers if it were users over 50.

AccountDeleted

​I had been thinking the exactly the same thing. I wouldn't mind a private subforum for those over, say 40? I don't know if we'd get enough takers if it were users over 50.

​I wasn't sure what age to make it but anything over 40 would probably be ok for me. And it doesn't have to be a whole subforum (may not be enough of us) but perhaps just a thread for those who have actually  lost their wisdom teeth? Just thinking...

I know there are some older discerners on VS so maybe I need to post something over there as well - a lot of them never leave the safety of the nest there! :) 

IgnatiusofLoyola

NVM. If I get up the energy later, I might send you a PM, I am about to either tear out all my hair or quit Phatmass entirely, or both!

AccountDeleted

NVM. If I get up the energy later, I might send you a PM, I am about to either tear out all my hair or quit Phatmass entirely, or both!

​Don't you dare quite pm!!!!!!!! :shock:  It wouldn't be the same without you. you can PM me any time at all. I will even give you my email address if you prefer. The voices of reason and common sense must NOT leave this place! LOL :) 

IgnatiusofLoyola

I was about to reply to you when I got the dreaded 404 Error screen. And I hadn't used emos or tried to post.

A sign from God? But, in which direction?

I'm up early because last night got me so upset I couldn't sleep.

I won't leave immediately, but if things continue as they did last night, I might consider it. I know that at least one "Phatmasser over 50," who I love dearly, already rarely posts on Phatmass.

A regular thread wouldn't do it. It would have to be private. I'm already stifling half of what I want to say, and if I have to stifle myself almost entirely, then why bother visiting?

AccountDeleted

I sent you a pm and I also got the dreaded 404 error message so who knows what is happening? But if we need to, we 'oldies' can always find a way. We are resourceful after all! :) 

Private is fine with me. Maybe I will look at setting up a forum for 'old' people if there is no place for us to do it here. But I do think that perhaps we might be able to work out something. dUSt is amazingly good - but of course there might not be a lot of us.

Let's work it out. I know I get very frustrated sometimes but I keep on keeping on, and I know we can do it. With God, all things are possible, right?

​I wasn't sure what age to make it but anything over 40 would probably be ok for me. And it doesn't have to be a whole subforum (may not be enough of us) but perhaps just a thread for those who have actually  lost their wisdom teeth? Just thinking...

I know there are some older discerners on VS so maybe I need to post something over there as well - a lot of them never leave the safety of the nest there! :) 

Some of us are planning on being buried with our wisdom teeth...

I'm up for a more mature phorum.  It is a different perspective if we've lived longer than cell phones.  

AccountDeleted

Some of us are planning on being buried with our wisdom teeth...

I'm up for a more mature phorum.  It is a different perspective if we've lived longer than cell phones.  

​Ha ha ha - that's what I mean! Make me laugh! Yes, longer than cell phones! And some people hang onto their wisdom teeth. I had three out at the same time because I was (as usual) leaving the country the following week. One wisdom tooth never came through, so there were only ever three. I am only 3/4 wise! Smiles.

I should be in bed but I can't sleep!

:) But how do we make this happen? Oh someone please come up with an idea! :dance3: 

​Ha ha ha - that's what I mean! Make me laugh! Yes, longer than cell phones! And some people hang onto their wisdom teeth. I had three out at the same time because I was (as usual) leaving the country the following week. One wisdom tooth never came through, so there were only ever three. I am only 3/4 wise! Smiles.

I should be in bed but I can't sleep!

:) But how do we make this happen? Oh someone please come up with an idea! :dance3: 

There should be a private phorum, like Raising Small Humans called Pholk Wisdom.   We can fruitlessly share our perspective of long term observed experience and watch it be ignored like we did 25 years ago. 

IgnatiusofLoyola

I have no wisdom, it would just be nice to talk with people who might have shared experiences.