An Old School Catholic Message Board

Redeeming My Masculinity

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

So remember that time two years ago I bought a Harry Styles poster and then brazenly made a thread about it?

Well, now you do.

My friend stayed at my house last weekend, and I thought "What better way to bond as men than burning this poster?"

So we did.

For two years this poster was directly across from my bed, meaning Harry Styles' dementedly perfect smile was the first and last thing I saw every single day. I have since replaced it with a crucifix, and I plan to get a picture of a Saint to put there permanently.

The one below won't appear for whatever reason, so just click the link.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11067480_912864765401030_4738090207316717913_n.jpg?oh=4cb9ad104a914bccf9df2c9a383ddb46&oe=55A34BEF

It had just rained, so for extra measure we used lighter fluid to make sure it burned in the way it deserved to.

PhuturePriest

True story: As it burned, the ashes that rose up were in fact all the excess estrogen leaving my body, being immediately replaced by mass amounts of testosterone, so much so that it amounted to automatic heart issues and hair loss.

Credo in Deum

Congrats, FP.  Finally a step in the right direction.

Sorry. Someone had to make a directional joke, it was killing me.

PhuturePriest

I received not one, but two infamously scarce Nihil props. Icing on the cake for a truly successful mission.

Credo in Deum

I received not one, but two infamously scarce Nihil props. 

Also when you get your crucifix and saint you should post a picture of them on your wall.  

Edited by Credo in Deum

PhuturePriest

Also when you get your crucifix and saint you should post a picture of them on your wall.  

​Sure thing. It'll probably be a while, though.

Ash Wednesday

I reckon a lot of girls might feel you burned the wrong poster and would rather see Zayne's burned instead. But that's a tall order... too many tears would put the fires out.

PhuturePriest

Was it the poster or will it be the crucifix that makes you beautiful?

​Really, it was that I didn't know, but thanks to you I now *do* know, meaning I'm no longer beautiful. But since I know that I'm no longer beautiful I am beautiful again, but I know that, so...

Nihil Obstat

You sound insecure.

Not sure what for.

He has reason to be. We mocked him viciously when he told us about the poster in the first place. ;)

PhuturePriest

He has reason to be. We mocked him viciously when he told us about the poster in the first place. ;)

​Indeed. If I recall correctly it got locked and resulted in an entirely new thread making a statement about not calling member's sexuality into question. :P