An Old School Catholic Message Board

Always at war with homosexuals

superblue

http://news.yahoo.com/uniquely-nasty--the-u-s--governments-war-on-gays-191808993.html

So i spotted this, figured why not post it.....

Why is everything to the media a war ?  If anything i would have titled " An Agenda "  , but perhaps that doesn't sound as evil as how this is titled..

So the Church teaches the Truth, and the Secular world wants us to believe their truth, and then part of me does sort of believe just from the title alone, that to some degree the government probably went out of their way to slight homosexuals to some degree that was unwarranted, on the basic treating people with human dignity and right to vote, work...

I don't have the time or energy to watch or read this, but the thumbnail got my attention... for like 3 seconds and now i am fading....  I imagine someone on the left has seen this video and his or head fell off from nodding in agreement .

So the ole pesky US Gov is at it again, but the media and the like can stick their head in the ground and turn a blind eye to other countries / governments that have outlawed and / or do far worse to those who are homosexuals and simply * shrug * an go well that is their way and culture and we just cant meddle with them.

okay bye.

@superblue

you can't take the time or energy to watch or read something that you post a link to (without a synopsis or description), then rant about how "the media" and "the left" foster misunderstandings.  

"LULZ", said the kettle to the pot.  

I very well understand that the FBI refused to hire homosexuals. Homosexuality is often the result of a bad relationship with the father. Dad never involved himself in his son's affairs, dad wasn't in charge as mom was, etc. This causes instability in a man's character, as he has never been taught and shown manliness by his father. 

I very well understand that the FBI refused to hire homosexuals. Homosexuality is often the result of a bad relationship with the father. Dad never involved himself in his son's affairs, dad wasn't in charge as mom was, etc. This causes instability in a man's character, as he has never been taught and shown manliness by his father. 

​I was just surprised that with the title, there wasn't an extra subtitle and related article on how the noble democratic party is out to save the homosexual community in general.  ( put aside the religious aspects of the homosexual topic altogether )  

refusing to hire based on sexual orientation....  so i guess next should be a follow up article / documentary about how transgender people are not in the FBI ?

But to act like this is the first time the Government has gone out of its' way to screw people over , should really not be a shock anymore.... should be more slanted towards how the democrat party loves you more than Christ and the Church, and how the republican party is out to getcha.   With small italics, its okay to be a democrat and catholic, if somehow you can explain how voting and supporting democrats does not mean you have contributed to a political party that supports abortion.

And then a new new article on how it is really a two party system working to keep each other in power, corporations lining pockets, and votes only mattering in swing states.

let the rants continue.  ( plus i am looking to add more to a list i got going)

Super, aren't you a Benedictine postulant or something?  Shouldn't you be concentrating your time and effort away from this board?

The FBI forbade overt homosexuals (other than its chief, J. Edgar Hoover, who never married, lived with a man and was a crossdresser) because they didn't like them, had a lot of preconceived ideas regarding them, and regarded them as objects for blackmail.  In the latter they were correct.

I don't know about the FBI, but both male and female homosexuals have been excellent members of the armed services.  During the first Iraq war, military services policies were officially changed, many army cryptologists, linguists and aspiring career officers had to leave, fearing being outed.  The armed services are richer for being filled with people who actually want to work there, regardless of sexual orientation.

NadaTeTurbe

If you're a man, I hope you have not a gay son one day, because you're going to have a hard time. 

Super, aren't you a Benedictine postulant or something?  Shouldn't you be concentrating your time and effort away from this board?

​Yes i am, but i am granted the ability to come and visit other boards to just generally be an over all aggravation , plus if you guys can put up with F.P i am sure you can handle me.

i think i will just tell people from now on though that i am just a something.

Is this going to be another never-ending gay debate?

​My hope is that it goes from a never-ending gay debate and then morphs into receiving communion by hand or mouth and kneeling debate.

and then splits off into what happens if we find homosexual aliens from another planet who want to become Catholic but do not have mouths so there fore can not receive communion.

If you're a man, I hope you have not a gay son one day, because you're going to have a hard time. 

Ah, 'Wait until you have a...'. The typical subjectivist response when faced with moral judgments. 

We should applaud that a future monk is aware that the new 'homosexualism' is anathema to Christian civilization.

Homosexualism--is that a new noun?  Saying that" 'homosexualism' is anathema to Christian civilization" is a pretty sweeping statement.  There are many Protestant and Anglican churches which now bless and marry same sex couples.  They--the churches--are widely viewed as Christian.  There are countries overwhelmingly Catholic, such as Ireland, Spain, and Belgium (well, northern Belgium) which have main same-sex marriage legal.

No one says that any church, any denomination, any collection of people holding religious services, has to marry or bless any same-sex union, or accept openly gay persons as members. The issue is one for civil unions only.

To be openly homophopic is not acceptable in today's society, outside of Uganda.  It's equated with racism. 

One can certainly post one's opinions on Phat, on the Debate phorum or perhaps Open Mic,  but I think that posting homophopic opinions as a postulant of an ancient and much-respected religious order, does not reflect well on the person, or possibly his supervisors.