An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pictures of Consecrated Life in the diocese of Tarbe-Lourde

NadaTeTurbe

puellapaschalis

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100012771@N06/18928388486/in/album-72157654765786591/ 

I love this sister with her scooter :D 

"Mother, I want to play with my new scooter." 
"But, sister, you are enclosed" 
"... But, mother, we have a very long corridor..." 

An old monk once told me, with a slightly put-out look on his face:

"Fr C now has an electric wheelchair. Fr Abbot has said that if I ever need one, then Fr C and I are not permitted to race them round the cloister."

TheresaThoma

An old monk once told me, with a slightly put-out look on his face:

"Fr C now has an electric wheelchair. Fr Abbot has said that if I ever need one, then Fr C and I are not permitted to race them round the cloister."

Lol! I love it, and I totally know some brothers who would do this.

When I was in Lourdes this May, I remember seeing the Poor Clare monastery mentioned here and wondering what it looked like inside and what life was like for the nuns there.  Thank you for sharing this; this is amesome!

Thanks for sharing, what lovely photos.  One  is going to drive me nuts though trying to figure out what they are doing. I doubt its vows, or a sign of peace so what the heck...  Maybe I should start a new thread.

18948911032_20b68b3eea_n.jpg

truthfinder

Thanks for sharing, what lovely photos.  One  is going to drive me nuts though trying to figure out what they are doing. I doubt its vows, or a sign of peace so what the heck...  Maybe I should start a new thread.

18948911032_20b68b3eea_n.jpg

I would have said vows - but then I see the two nuns in the background.   

I would have said vows - but then I see the two nuns in the background.   

My thoughts exactly, and for vows doesnt the one making vows kneel and read the vows out of a book?  So thats why Ive ruled that out.  Sign of peace well many religious communities actually skip it and if they do do it that is rather an unusual gesture for a sign of peace!  Nada go ask them! :P

Well I think I answered my own question.  I went to close the tab the picture was on and saw the tab was titled paix.  Paix = peace so it may be their sign of peace. :doh:

BarbTherese

Perhaps one Sister joins her hands and says "Peace be with you" and the other Sister embrace her hands and says "And also with you" or similar wording.