An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hello

Mags

I know what you mean, I felt really "spacey" at the end of the shifts I have done so far, getting up at 05:20 next week sounds like heaven!! I hope that I have the same experience as you :).

How are things going for you? 

Good, thanks! I just made some travel plans... :hehe:

• 4 weeks later...

I had gone! I'm back now :( I can't believe how quickly August went! It was prayerful, challenging, hard work and fun. The Carmelite community was so welcoming, allowing me to live alongside them for the month. It took me a while to find my way around the Breviary but managed it, although this was confused (for me) by the use of the Carmelite Breviary for their Saints. I also participated in the novitiate lessons which I found very interesting. I now know how to make and cut altar breads and hem habits! 

I had several chats with the Prioress which seem to have been positive, she stated that the community would miss me when I go, and several were saying "when" you come back!! There is a lot of praying and thinking to do before that can happen. I will be having a psych assessment - one of two - on the 23rd of this month, please say a prayer for me:pray:

Sister Leticia

Welcome back! The world will no doubt feel fast-paced and noisy, so I hope you have a couple of days to return to "normal" before you need to go back to work.

You'll also be catching up on emails and news - how much news, events and so on were you aware of? (I ask out of curiosity: I know enclosed nuns need to know what events and situations need their prayers, but many monasteries don't buy a daily newspaper, so I'm just wondering what news is conveyed to the community and how)

Thank you, it does feel weird being back, unfortunately I'm back to work tomorrow, so straight back into things. I'm wondering what I'll be going back to!!

I have spent time catching up on emails and Facebook, and the news. At Notting Hill there is an extern sister who has newspapers and a radio who then passes on any big news stories. I never had the sense of being cut off from the world whilst I was there, although I know that I was only there for a very short time.