An Old School Catholic Message Board

A bored guy writes an article ( and was probably paid to do it )

superblue

So i was surfing the net, and came across this......

Now imagine, you are sitting in your home, minding your own.... not bothering anyone... and then this guy who wrote this article, knocks on your door; asks if you are Catholic or I dunno at least believe in religion, and then he decides to tell you why everything is wrong in general.

That is basically this article. I found it really bloody odd. The questions i would have is, who the heck asked him to write this, and why. An what is his point, a big fat trolling chuckle as if to say hey wait an see what is going to happen, E.T is about to be found and then woooooooooa nelly watch what the Church does.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-schweitzer/earth-20-bad-news-for-god_b_7861528.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

One dudes opinion. Read it and appreciate the fact that you get to observe diversity even if you disagree with him. I found the article kind of annoying and pandering as well but eh...no need to dwell on it. 

julianneoflongbeach

:hotstuff: Who cares, he's a blithering idiot. You can't take the weakest point of the most ignorant sect of a billion+ faith tradition and say you've proven all religion wrong with semantics. :rolleyes:

SaintOfVirtue

Also the author stated that mathematically life elsewhere in the universe is probable, but I would like to point out that the statistical analysis indicates there are better odds that bricks dumped off a cliff will land and form a house than there are that life sprung out of the ground.

how did that guy get a PhD?

Trust me, the letters behind one's name provide zero indication of one's intelligence.

As for the article: Meh. Another scientist pronouncing on things that science knows nothing about. It's pretty standard these days.

:hotstuff: Who cares, he's a blithering idiot. You can't take the weakest point of the most ignorant sect of a billion+ faith tradition and say you've proven all religion wrong with semantics. :rolleyes:

The problem is that the Huffington Post has given this blithering idiot a bully pulpit so he can make his weak points to billions of people, many of whom will believe him. 

SilverSeminarian

how did that guy get a PhD?

Gives me hope that maybe one day I can snag one of those! :P

Let's aim for the letters in front of the name... not behind! 

Also, I will refute and defend the faith if I get a chance to. Morons will be morons....