An Old School Catholic Message Board

CMSWR Film "For Love Alone"

katherineH

franciscanheart

yeah I agree the music was inconsistent throughout, I think they wanted it to feel dramatic and it ended up being a bit overboard... still good though! I noticed that there was music throughout the whole video, so it was hard to focus on the actual interviews. 

I must've tuned out some of the music. Some of it felt a bit Sarah McLachlan / Sad Dying Puppies ish but whatever. It was pretty well done and I'm not sure I've seen anything like it before. I was happy to watch it and would probably even watch it again. For now, it's on the shelf and a new copy is coming for donation to my parish library. Maybe someone will see it one day and find a connection. Or maybe a parent will see it and it will help their hearts with the idea of their children becoming religious sisters.

• 3 months later...
:o)Katherine:o)

Such a great video! I have watched it several times and showed it to a religious vocation session for a group of girls. Great video to show people that are curious about religious life or are discerning. :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CMSWR said:

the film is now available on iTunes...! You can download it here: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/movie/for-love-alone/id1064334101?mt=6

We're so grateful for everyone's kind comments. If you haven't already seen it, please watch the film and let us know what you think!

So glad to see the CMSWR on Phatmass! Welcome :nun2:

ToJesusMyHeart
On 12/22/2015, 1:31:58, katherineH said:

So glad to see the CMSWR on Phatmass! Welcome :nun2:

When I was in religious life, I pestered Mother about it constantly!;)

• 1 year later...

I realized this week that I've had this film for months but have never watched it! I just finished it and thought it was a beautiful overview of religious life. It even got me a little teary-eyed. I only wish the film was longer, since it's under 20 minutes.

• 1 month later...
Postulant Christina

I absolutely loved this documentary and it was inspirational for me as a Postulant to see the beauty of religious life on film. We now have the DVD in our community library :)