An Old School Catholic Message Board

favourite things about parishes

MarysLittleFlower

Archaeology cat

My fave things about my parish are our priests and organists. All very orthodox, with a more traditional bent. Our pastor has been slowly getting people into more traditional things (same with the organists). Our parish itself isn't the prettiest, but our pastor has been making what improvements he can by moving the Tabernacle where it should be and installing niches for statues.

There's a lot that I love about my parish. The pastor is great (although please pray for him, he's terribly overworked right now), the Church is beautiful, and the parishioners are wonderful in welcoming students like myself.  My favorite thing, though is the perpetual adoration chapel. It's nothing fancy, nothing terribly beautiful, but it is such a peaceful place to pray. 

Here's a good picture of the church:

StPeter_slider11.png

And a nice picture of the high altar:

5762794161_2df37e07e9_b.jpg

Edited by Amppax

Archaeology cat

Beautiful, @Amppax! And yay for a perpetual Adoration chapel! We're getting one of those in the new year. We're having a new parish hall built, which will be ready in December, which means the choir room will move there and that we can turn the old choir room into a perpetual Adoration chapel since it has a separate entrance from the rest of the parish.