An Old School Catholic Message Board

Has anyone heard of this community?

Sponsa-Christi

Frankly, I'm a bit concerned about the lack of transparency I see in the PCPA. We all know there have been upheavals, but no one really seems to know what happened or what's going on.

And on the other hand, I'm concerned that so many people want to know. I sometimes feel like people stalk their sisters online. Really, it's not our business. It's a private community.

So I don't feel anyone is really right in this scenario.

I don't know well the PCPA, but when communities post such things as "this is our new postulant" "this is our new novice", it's normal then that people "stalk" sisters. Personally, I don't really like when you can follow every single minutes of a community, specially when it comes to new members. I understand announcing new novices, but new postulants is a little "too much" for me. There's a PCPA convent in Europe, nearly none postulant or novice have stayed beyong first vows, and even if it is not announced, you can follow it on the internet. 

But on the other hand, I am the first to follow religious communities blog, so like you, anyone is really right. 

When I imagine one of my sisters being talked about like this on a public internet forum, it makes me really uncomfortable and protective.

Does the rule about not posting other people's information (see pinned Intro to Vocation Station) apply at some identifiable point down the slippery slope?

2 hours ago, marigold said:

When I imagine one of my sisters being talked about like this on a public internet forum, it makes me really uncomfortable and protective.

Does the rule about not posting other people's information (see pinned Intro to Vocation Station) apply at some identifiable point down the slippery slope?

I am uncomfortable too and I think it would be better to close this thread, as we're treading a fine line between interest and gossip here.

It's not possible to set hard and fast rules about how much sharing is too much sharing, but I think good questions to ask ourselves before posting something would be a.) is this information I'm sharing going to be practically useful or spiritually enriching to other discerners? and b.) do I really need to know the answer to my question or am I just being a bit nosy? If it's useful info, we should then decide whether it's better to make a public thread or send a PM, and use prudent judgment.

• beatitude locked this topic