An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help me find contemplatives?

Kayte Postle

15 hours ago, superblue said:

I didn't know such an order existed, i wish i would have looked into them when i had the chance.

Idon't suppose they are very well known.

beccasmiles89

The Carmelites in St. Louis (www.stlouiscarmel.com) have daily adoration, and they aren't as austere as other Carmelite communities. They also seem to be more understanding of minor medical issues.

On 2/1/2016, 5:56:56, NadaTeTurbe said:

There's this new community also : http://www.childrenofmary.net/

I actually volunteer with these sisters once a week, they only live 10 minutes down the road from me. It's been through experiencing their way of life that I have been more and more drawn to contemplative life.

4 hours ago, beccasmiles89 said:

The Carmelites in St. Louis (www.stlouiscarmel.com) have daily adoration, and they aren't as austere as other Carmelite communities. They also seem to be more understanding of minor medical issues.

Thank you for sharing this one, I might have to give them a serious look. =)

graciandelamadrededios
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎23‎:‎29‎, Luigi said:

Pink Sisters (Holy Spirit Sisters of Perpetual Adoration): http://www.mountgraceconvent.org/ There are large convents in Philadelphia and St. Louis (that's the hyperlink), and smaller communities in Corpus Christi, TX and Omaha, NE. 

One glitch - you don't always stay where you enter. They're cloistered, have 24/7 adoration, sung liturgy of the hours, and full habit. But your superiors could send you to a convent in Argentina or Holland or India or the Philippines. 

It is because Pink Sisters convents are not autonomous.  They have Superior General and general council.  Carmelite / Poor Clare / Dominican monasteries are autonomous and their Abbess / Prioress are considered major superiors.