An Old School Catholic Message Board

Racist Republican Party

13 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

But you would not enable a publicly funded organization to protect unborn life, would you? Pay lip service to the wrongness of abortion, but take no action to prevent it happening. Am I wrong?

What "publicly funded" organization would stop abortion, and how would it stop them?

Edited by Winchester

Nihil Obstat
39 minutes ago, Winchester said:

What "publicly funded" organization would stop abortion, and how would it stop them?

Governing bodies pass laws restricting or forbidding it, police and courts prosecute people who do anyway. It is the duty of government to protect the common good.

20 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Governing bodies pass laws restricting or forbidding it, police and courts prosecute people who do anyway. It is the duty of government to protect the common good.

Well if it's their's then I don't need to take action, do I? My duties are fulfilled by voting occasionally and paying whatever fees my rulers assess.

Nihil Obstat
1 hour ago, Winchester said:

Well if it's their's then I don't need to take action, do I? My duties are fulfilled by voting occasionally and paying whatever fees my rulers assess.

You can do better than that. That is one of the dumbest arguments you have ever made.

On 3/31/2016, 12:11:57, Nihil Obstat said:

You can do better than that. That is one of the dumbest arguments you have ever made.

Ok.

On March 21, 2016 at 10:12:04 PM, Hasan said:

You mean the point in time when the Democratic Party embraced a libertarian position on abortion? That was towards the latter half of the 80s. 

The  libertarian party of Canada  legalized abortion five years before the United States in 1968 

Abortion in Canada is legal at any point in a women's pregnancy for any reason, and is governed by the Canada Health Act.

Canada is one of only a few nations with no legal restrictions on abortion.

Abortion and Obama/Canada healthcare is democratic-racism too

Nihil Obstat
1 hour ago, little2add said:

The  libertarian party of Canada  legalized abortion five years before the United States in 1968 

Abortion in Canada is legal at any point in a women's pregnancy for any reason, and is governed by the Canada Health Act.

Canada is one of only a few nations with no legal restrictions on abortion.

Abortion and Obama/Canada healthcare is democratic-racism too

The libertarian party has never formed government in Canada. Or even won a single seat in the house, I would wager.

2 hours ago, Winchester said:

Ok.

Here is the problem: if you are going to claim faithfulness to Church teaching, in particular the infallibility of tradition and the competency of the magisterium to teach on social issues, from this perspective the anarcho-capitalist position does not hold up to scrutiny. Ultimately you have to either abandon some fundamental an-cap points, or you will have to deny Church teaching. At a fundamental level they are irreconcilable. What it comes down to is that the Church teaches and has always taught that there does exist a natural right for a state to exist and to govern. You have claimed that all states are inherently evil. Either the Church has taught error, or you have.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

19 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

The libertarian party has never formed government in Canada. Or even won a single seat in the house, I would wager.

Changing the subject does not change the facts

The Republican offical party stance is against abortion 

Unlike the Democratic agenda and the Canadian government's agenda concerning abortion 

Early in Canadian history, all abortions were illegal. The Criminal Law Amendment Act, 1968-69introduced by Pierre Trudeau's Liberal government legalized abortion as long as a committee of doctors signed off that it was necessary for the physical or mental well-being of the mother. In 1988, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled in R. v. Morgentalerthat the existing laws were unconstitutional and struck down the 1969 law. The then governing Progressive Conservatives attempted, but failed, to pass a new abortion law, and since then Canada has had no criminal laws governing the subject, and abortion is a decision made by a woman with her doctor. Without legal delays, most abortions are done at a very early stage.

Nihil Obstat
4 minutes ago, little2add said:

Changing the subject does not change the facts

The Republican offical party stance is against abortion 

Unlike the Democratic agenda and the Canadian government's agenda concerning abortion 

You were the one who brought up Canada, Ken M.

ViHGGeg.png

the racist Democrat party of the USA and racist Liberal Party of Canada are one in the same

Nihil Obstat
2 minutes ago, little2add said:

the racist Democrat party of the USA and racist Liberal Party of Canada are one in the same

Great hair, though.

The racist Liberal party has dominated federal politics for much of Canada's history, holding power for almost 69 years in the 20th century—more than any other party in a developed country—and as a result, it is sometimes referred to as Canada's "natural governing pay The Liberals' signature policies and legislative decisions including free and unfettered abortions through universal health care,

46 minutes ago, little2add said:

The racist Liberal party has dominated federal politics for much of Canada's history, holding power for almost 69 years in the 20th century—more than any other party in a developed country—and as a result, it is sometimes referred to as Canada's "natural governing pay The Liberals' signature policies and legislative decisions including free and unfettered abortions through universal health care,

Wikipedia

there, you happy now