An Old School Catholic Message Board

MOTHER MARY MICHAEL, CO-FOUNDRESS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ADORATION SISTERS

graciandelamadrededios

truthfinder
2 hours ago, beatitude said:

I know what you mean. I love certain kinds of pink, but that particular shade isn't very easy on the eye, and combined with the white scapular it reminds me of a lavishly iced cake. It would be a real penance for me to be looking at that all day every day!

I wonder what colour their habit was in earlier years - I can't imagine it being that bright - but you can't tell in the b&w photos. 

graciandelamadrededios
On 4/29/2016, 1:39:49, truthfinder said:

I wonder what colour their habit was in earlier years - I can't imagine it being that bright - but you can't tell in the b&w photos. 

This is the color of their habit - well, at least the sleeves and the sides of the tunic, before Vatican II

b_700_0_16777215_00_images_content_nase-pribehy_maria-michaela_mm39.jpg

b_700_0_16777215_00_images_content_nase-pribehy_maria-michaela_mm41.jpg

graciandelamadrededios

I used to visit the Sisters and join them in chanting Vespers and I noticed that during weekdays, the Sisters are wearing lighter pink habit (probably their daily habit) and on Sundays, they are wearing brighter pink habit (probably their "good" habit or Sunday habit).

The Sisters in the Philippines has this custom of walking slow so they wont perspire easily.  The American Sisters used to wonder why Filipina Sisters walk this way and they finally understood when they attended a Formators Seminar in the Philippines.  

Edited by graciandelamadrededios