An Old School Catholic Message Board

Neil Degrasse Tyson Just Said What?

So Tyson just hosted this big scientific conference. And he said that it is very likely the Universe is a simulation. In the talk him and others scientists who agree with him (one being Jim Gates a theoretical physicist who has found computer code in string theory eqequations) basically have concluded the Universe isn't just here by random chance. Instead of saying this points to God Neil says it's likely some super intelligence (which isn't God) is behind it. He talks about how we're like 98% the same as apes yet that 2% difference we ended up being able to grasp and do alot more.He says that would be like the comparison from us to this super intelligence that knows how to simulate universes and created the one we're in. Michio Kaku a world leading theoretical physicist has also recently said God has created the Universe. Kaku is not a Christian so his view of God is different in some ways than Christians. But here's the thing they are both concluding that the scientific evidence points to a creator. The laws of nature and how finely tuned they are. Consiousness. Quantum Physics. The list goes on and on. Someone like Mr. Tyson who doesn't like religion says the Creator is some super intelligence. Someone or civilization that is evolved billions of light years beyond us. And just so we all remember throughout the New Testament and the Book Of Revelations the Bible warns of the coming deception that will deceive even the elect before the Second Coming of Christ. The Bible says the Antichrist will perform all sorts of miracles. Just imagine a 100 years from now (or even 30 or now) a civilization or single person showing up having the knowledge to make our scientists look like apes with zero understanding. Don't want to go into ufo's now (I've had an experience) but they are all described as demonic in nature. They are theorized  to be coming from different dimensions not from far away planets. The Antichrist will claim to have created/simulated this universe and be ready to show us how he does/did it. He will bring world peace. Again look at what's happening now even the agnostic/atheist top scientists are saying yes it's very likely this Universe is not here by random coincidence. Add in all the nde's and experinces that can't be explained that have happened to millions and millions of people going back through all the generations. I posted an article a year ago from Michael Shermar owner of Skeptic Magazine that he wrote about an experience he had with his wife that shook his skepticism to the core. His words not mine. I've had a few experiences that cannot be explained. My very sane (though stupid at the time) uncle had stuff happen with a seance and spirit. Nothing he made up or imagined. It really happened. Even if you are convinced God doesn't exist despite what these scientists are saying and where the evidence is leading them. Even if you want to ignore everything I would still advise you attempt to make peace with God and move closer to him even if you don't want to believe it's possible He exist. The thing about hell is if it really exist once you're there you won't be able to get out. You will be outside of time in eternity. Those in hell will at some point have bodies. Hell very well could be living your life over and over again without God or love ever being an option and completely removed from your experience. Notice when you dream you have a body and sensations? You talk to people in the dream and it's really them while you're dreaming? When you wake up you know it's not really them but imagine hell being like that. Being in an existence with a body dealing with people you know and don't know for all of eternity in hellish situations with God and love completely removed. Even if it's not really your mom in hell with you like a dream you won't be able to tell. Unless the devil makes you aware. But imagine every situation you encounter with your mom or anyone else is hellish and deprived of love and God for all of eternity. 

Edited by Guest

<3 PopeFrancis

This is very interesting because Pope Benedict XVI said during his papacy that the Church and science is a marriage in which the goal is seeking the truth.  When one does all of the scientific analysis, there is only one conclusion.  Sometimes it is manifested as an interpretation or is implied or like Michio Kaku outright attributes it creation to God which is truth.  A scientist who denies Him needs to be considered a quack if not evil because anything otherwise is not the truth.  Science is there to support the Church.  I heard that on their scientific panel they have like 70 scientific academians in which like half or 21 are Noble Laureates and other noble awards.

50 minutes ago, Josh said:

The Simulation Hypothesis https://youtu.be/VqULEE7eY8M Over a 1000 up votes less than 80 down votes.

Wow pretty far out.  

http://www.pas.va/content/accademia/en/about/council.html