An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stress Test

BG45

Last Monday I ended up in the Emergency Room after my long day (7am to 9pm and have it again tomorrow for a Monday).  After two rounds of bloodwork, two EKGs, and a chest x-ray they found nothing.  Now it could just be my acid reflux that's developed in the last month and a half, and we're struggling to find medication that can control it, but they want me to have a stress test on Tuesday morning to make sure there are no blockages.  And I am terrified at the idea of "What if they tell me at 30, that I need open heart surgery for stints or angioplasty".  And even if it comes back clear, what's causing my chest pains?  (on the positive side, since April, I've lost 56 pounds from my heaviest weight.)

Also, sure I'll post about this again closer to, but I've got a colonoscopy coming up in a few weeks.  While talking to my doc's office after the ER visit and scheduling the stress test, the topic of lots of blood in a recent bowel movement came up.  My mother and grandmother is/were (respectively) both colon cancer survivors.  Now the doc's office and I both think it's probably just undiagnosed internal hemorrhoids or an anal fissure, but...with the family history...better safe than sorry.  

Thanks for the prayers Pham.

Edit:  Thanks be to God; came back clear.  So no real reason we can identify for the chest pains, but it seems to be unrelated to my heart!