• Courteous, 
  • Kind, 
  • Obedient, 
  • Cheerful, 
  • Thrifty, 
  • Brave, 
  • Clean, 
  • and Reverent.

what do you all think about the new gender changes the BSA announced?

Boy Scout Oath:

On my honor I will do my best to God and my country, to obey the Scout Law [above], to help other people at all times, to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight. (Emphasis mine)

2 hours ago, Luigi said:

Boy Scout Oath:

On my honor I will do my best to God and my country, to obey the Scout Law [above], to help other people at all times, to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight. (Emphasis mine)

I'm quoting myself because I inadvertently deleted part of the oath. It should say:

On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country...

Sorry 'bout that!

I raised an Eagle Scout. Went through every step with him. Sewed on merit badges. Practiced knots. Saved the dog after he was used as a victim for first aid practice. Cleaned a lot of wet dirty laundry after camp outs. Boy Scouts were his salvation. It was the only thing he was good at. It was the only place he felt a part of something. 

I was a Camp Fire Girl. It was special like that for me too. When it changed and they started allowing boys, I had already aged out. Some of the things that we did together, we never could have done had their been boys around. I don't understand why we have destroy things that work. There are lots of things that don't work good that could be improved instead. 

Bishop Robert Guglielmone of Charleston, a leading member of the National Catholic Committee on Scouting, had recommended “cautious optimism” towards that policy change, voicing hope that Catholic churches could still use Boy Scouts of America programs in a way consistent with Church teaching.

He said Catholic-chartered scouting units are “the only way we can have a direct influence” on Catholic youth involved in scouting.

boy%20scouts_zpssfwdgax4.png

i tend to agree with his holiness 

4 hours ago, little2add said:

i tend to agree with his holiness 

That would be the pope. A bishop is his Excellency.

if a female was to transgender would he or she become patriarchal and misogynist or was he or she have been born that way?

Edited by little2add

On 2/2/2017 at 6:04 AM, little2add said:

Bishop Robert Guglielmone of Charleston, a leading member of the National Catholic Committee on Scouting, had recommended “cautious optimism” towards that policy change, voicing hope that Catholic churches could still use Boy Scouts of America programs in a way consistent with Church teaching.

He said Catholic-chartered scouting units are “the only way we can have a direct influence” on Catholic youth involved in scouting.

boy%20scouts_zpssfwdgax4.png

On 2/2/2017 at 10:54 AM, Nihil Obstat said:

I tend to agree with his holiness Excellency

fixed it

:oops:

On 2/4/2017 at 11:06 AM, little2add said:

if a female was to transgender would he or she become patriarchal and misogynist or was he or she have been born that way?

No. Being transgender gives you an exemption.